10 Ways to Snag Shay Mitchell’s Killer Style Without Breaking the Bank
To say Shay Mitchell’s sartorial game was on point would be an understatement. While her character, Emily, on Pretty Little Liars isn’t exactly setting the fashion world on fire, Mitchell is a bonafide style goddess IRL, with an Insta feed and blog, Amore & Vita, to prove it. And let’s just say we’ve found ourselves swooning over more than a few of her #OOTDs. You might not have the cash to drop on Chanel, Givenchy and Saint Laurent like Shay, but trust us — you can totally channel her killer sense of style — band tees, flirty rompers, bodysuits and all — without going into the red. This is not a drill. We’ve pulled 10 effortless looks straight from our fave Canadian It girl’s Insta account, and are showing you how to recreate them on a dime. Sound good? Scroll on and prepare to swoon hard.
Bombshell Silver Bodysuit
Shay plays the field when it comes to fashion — one day she’ll be rockin’ cutoffs and a duster coat, and the next she’ll be flirtin’ it up in a jaw-dropping number like this. Everything in moderation, right?
1. Topshop Metallic Body ($40): When you have a show-stopping bodysuit like this in your arsenal, there’s only one thing you can do: Take it straight to the dance floor. Toss it on with skinny dressed denim (a Shay signature), strappy heels and a leather jacket, then proceed to turn heads as you paint the town red with your crew.
Badass Band Tee
When she’s not flouncing around in flirty playsuits and sassy separates, you can find Mitchell in laid-back basics with a touch of girlboss edge. Add-ons like velvet chokers and studded heels keep an easy tee-and-jeans routine feeling fresh, without compromising on that casually cool feel.
2. Junk Food Pink Floyd Prism Tee ($45): Enter the psychedelic band tee that will instantly upgrade high waisted jeans and suede skirts to rock goddess status in two seconds flat. For extra don’t-mess edge, team with a Western belt, Oxfords and a bold bib necklace.
Scrolling through the Canadian cutie’s feed is like hitting the jackpot as far as chic sunnies are concerned. Girl throws shade like none other with an enviable arsenal of show-stopping options.
3. Komono The Stella Rose Dust ($120): Accessories can make or break an on-point outfit, and these rosy stunners are no exception. Pop ’em on with basics and trend-right pieces alike, and proceed to turn heads wherever you go.
Every fashion enthusiast knows that a sleek leather jacket has transformative powers. Instantly adding edge to flirty frocks and infusing everyday essentials with a touch of downtown cool, its versatility and effortlessness are unparalleled.
4. Zara Metallic Leather Jacket ($149): As if a classic biker jacket wasn’t already street style bait enough, this metallic stunner had to go ahead and step into the spotlight. Consider it your new official GNO topper, the perfect complement to LBDs, tailored trousers and slinky silk tees that will turn up the heat on your dusk-to-dawn style like what.
One of our favorite things about the Pretty Little Liars starlet is her fuss-free approach to off-duty dressing. Her signature? Ripped jeans and a throw-on-and-go tee. Max perfection comes in the way of pared-down jewelry, statement sunnies and, of course, an It-girl-approved bag.
5. Mother Denim Insider Crop Step Fray ($238): Shay’s a fan of the skinny style, but right now we’re swooning hard for cropped silhouettes. Between playing Sunday morning coffee runs and checking unique artisanal finds at a much-anticipated art market, these laid-back bottoms will fit the bill. Pointed-toe slides, a utility jacket and wind-blown hair are obligatory as you bounce around town.
Shay’s hair inspo could fill up another post entirely — girl has mermaid hair (the dream) — but her collection of bold baubles are just as enviable — and a little bit easier to recreate.
6. Faris Shoop Hoops ($155): These are not your everyday hoops, people! And it’s not just because they’re Shay Mitchell approved. Made by Seattle-based brand Faris, they blend bold, sculptural styling and minimalist appeal for the ultimate It-girl accessory that would look downright DDG with a knit high-neck midi dress for the office or a floaty bohemian top.
Oversized Sweaters and Over-the-Knee Boots
Introducing your new fave fall combo: snuggly statement sweaters and sultry over-the-knee boots. This off-duty look is the epitome of lazy-girl chic, with the OMG-worthy steppers adding mad polish to incredibly laid-back separates.
7. Ecote Neon Lights Cardigan ($98): Keep the cold weather blahs at bay with this textured knit that defines off-duty dressing done right. Gear up for a weekend getaway in the mountains (or a cozy evening spent snuggled up by the fire) by styling alongside boyfriend jeans, ankle boots and a messy fishtail braid. It’s that easy.
8. Glamorous Tie Back Black Heeled Over the Knee Boots ($78): Whether you’re headed to the office or a chic after-hours soiree, these bad boys are a sure thing all season long. The best part? They’re a layering hack in disguise. Slip ‘em over treggings, skinny jeans or tights to keep those gams warm and cozy on cool fall nights.
We’re onto you, Shay. The actress has an affinity for flirty rompers, and we’re willing to bet it has something to do with their one-and-done appeal. Proof that you don’t have to spend hours painstakingly piecing together a polished look, Mitchell nails it with a flowy playsuit, Anna Wintour-approved sunglasses and a stack of dainty necklaces.
9. Nasty Gal Branch Out Ruffle Romper ($78): When an LBD reads too fussy, let loose with this go-with-the-flow romper for a wear-anywhere outfit that comes together in two seconds flat. When you’re not owning the dance floor in strappy sandals and a don’t-mess choker, lay low with lace-up ballet flats and a structured crossbody sac.
ICYMI: Off-the-shoulder tops are the official It-girl shirt of choice for 2016. Take style cues from Mitchell herself and opt for a long sleeve style that will see you straight through fall. Oh, the versatility.
10. Eight Sixty In Flight Off Shoulder Top ($83): If you let summer pass you by without the most coveted silhouette of the season, you’re in luck. The flirty shoulder-baring top is sticking around for fall. Scoop one up stat and proceed to pair with Mary Jane mules and cropped denim.
The allure of a sleeveless blazer can’t be denied, especially when its full potential is put on display by someone with as much style know-how as Shay Mitchell. The blogger and all around It-girl proved that the bosslady essential has a place outside the office, styling it alongside a sleeveless shirt dress and edgy pumps.
11. Equipment Garner Wool-Twill Vest ($199): Be on your A-game after-hours by putting your trusty vest to work. Boasting major boy-meets-girl appeal, it’s the key to a flawless desk-to-drinks ensemble. Just layer it over a mock neck top, tailored ankle trousers and metallic Oxfords like a pro.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.