13 Bags from Indie Designers You’ll Swoon Over
You spent the summer DIY-ing your backpack, beach bag, and clutch, and now it’s time to splurge. From cross body styles to wear-everywhere totes, this year’s Re:Make SF (register for your FREE ticket here) will have plenty of amazing and original options. These 13 bags will give you a head start on holiday shopping, bring a fun update to your winter wardrobe or even just serve as a stylish way to store all your other purchases. Carry on!
1. Backpack No.5 ($262): Elevate your adventure gear with this cheery pack. The unexpected color combo makes us smile.
2. Everyday Tote ($250): Do you lug your entire life with you every morning? This massive tote has plenty of pockets, fits everything from your laptop to your gym sneaks, and is available in a zesty pistachio green.
3. Palms Presidio Tote ($): If the Hawaiian Punch dude and Jennifer Aniston had a sartorial love child it might look something like this simple, yet splashy tote. It’s tropical, but in the most tasteful way. Mahalos!
4. Bright Day Backpack ($108): In Japan, foxes symbolize protection. We just think they’re adorable. Especially when splashed all over a bold, cotton canvas bag.
5. UTL Bag ($410): Don’t let working on the weekends cramp your style. The shape of this pack is smart and the punch of vibrant blue looks super cool accented with with the taupe leather.
6. Kokomo Nights Fanny Pack ($32): You swear you’ve been mixing your prints since grade school and you’ve NEVER been intimidated by a trend. Prove your fearlessness by rocking this sartorial double whammy: a funky fanny pack in a cool triangle-flamingo hybrid!
7. Roosevelt Tote ($175): Love the vintage, antique look? This massive tote (we love it as an overnight bag on long weekend trips) has a classic weathered look.
8. Tandem Tote ($34): If the Monopoly man fell in love and took up cycling, we imagine the results would look something like the print on this punchy blue bag. This is literally the easiest bag you will ever own because it fits EVERYTHING and you can toss it in the wash. Yay!
9. The Mileau ($175): Meet your new favorite weekend bag. Forget diamonds — tassels are actually a girl’s best friend.
10. Chloe Foldover Crossbody Bag ($235): The sea foam color of this clutch is so vibrant and fun. It’s legit the bag equivalent of Pop Rocks candy. Jazz up a basic tee and jeans, make a LBD or LWD come to life, or dare to go all out with mixed prints up the wazoo.
We all need that one killer clutch to carry around our necessities… this bold emerald foldover is just the ticket!
11. Bali Crossbody Bag ($46): We predict that crossbody bags are going to be the next big thing. Do we honestly NEED to be toting a huge, clumpy handbag after dark? Pare down to the essentials with this gorgeous perim.
12. Reversible Burlap Tote ($42): Can’t decide between stripes or solid? This bag’s reversible so you get to be naut-y and nice.
13. 3 in 1 Drawstring Leather Bag ($265): Wear this guy as a shoulder bag, a backpack or even a crossbody. Bonus: it even has an inside pocket. The high quality leather makes it deserving of the hefty price tag.