We can’t only blame sun damage for splashes of freckles and unwanted dark spots. Hormonal fluctuations, post-pregnancy changes, and lingering acne scars can all lead to hyperpigmentation on your otherwise flawless complexion. Rather than hiding marks with concealer, ditch ‘em for a beauty product loaded with active ingredients that’ll target those spots. Keep reading for the best finds for every budget.
1. Cremorlab White Bloom Triple Bright Floral Mask ($6): This K-beauty sheet mask contains potent skin-brighteners, including Asian Tiger Lily, and hydrating vitamins.
2. Derma E Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water ($10): As this micellar water gently removes makeup and grime, it also loads your skin with protective, brightening vitamin C.
3. Marie France Professional Strength Kojic Soap ($10): This bar is made of pure kojic acid, known for its lightening and brightening powers.
4. Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion ($19): B-vitamins help treat painful, under-the-skin acne cysts, which leads to less of a chance of scarring.
5. Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Moisturizer ($19): This daytime-safe retinol lets you enjoy the benefits of the miraculous resurfacing ingredient in both the a.m. and p.m.
6. Rococo Revitalize Skin Lightening Cream ($25): Kojic acid, alpha arbutin, bearberry, and licorice root all make it a moisturizer for the books.
7. Odylique Lemon Butter Hand Smoothie ($25): Keep your hands healthy with a moisturizer that prevents sun and age spots.
8. Natural Green Brand Pure Tepezcohuite Serum With Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C ($26): Tepezcohuite bark is a natural skin healer that promotes cell turnover like whoa.
9. Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector ($27): Packed with SPF and pigment-banishing ingredients, it’s your one-stop-shop for a balanced skin tone.
10. Be The Skin Purifying White Waterful Toner ($29): Beauty-lovers go gaga for this pH-balancing, green tea-infused toner that brightens, hydrates, and evens-out your skin.
11. Mizon Mela Defense White Capsule Essence ($29): The skin-pampering toner brightens with jojoba, rice bran oil, and vitamins C and E.
12. Korres Wild Rose Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial ($30): Here’s a nighttime wonder to fall hard for. As you catch Z’s, the vitamin C and wild rose oil mask softens, repairs, and brightens to selfie-ready perfection.
13. Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil ($32): Squalane oil is hydrating, protective, and helps to fade discolorations.
14. CV Skinlabs Rescue + Relief Spray ($34): Scoop up this natural spray for much-needed relief after facing environmental stressors like the sun. It’s chock-full of anti-inflammatory ingredients to fade redness.
15. Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 ($34): Regular use of a high-quality sunscreen is key for preventing hyperpigmentation. Opt for a UVA- and UVB-shielding choice like this baby for maximum protection.
16. MD Complete Dark Spot Corrector ($40): Let us introduce you to a powerhouse product that’s an A+ drugstore beauty find.
17. Murad Rapid Lightening Regimen 30-Day Kit ($40): This is a crazy good deal for a month-long regimen of skin tone-correcting miracle-workers.
18. Aromatica Sea Daffodil Aqua Gel Cream ($45): Meet the ultimate skin-soother following sun-drenched fun. With a blend of aloe, hyaluronic acid, and sun-resistant sea daffodil, you’ll weather the temps, no prob.
19. Herbivore Botanicals Brighten Pineapple Enzyme + Gemstone Instant Glow Mask ($48): This baby is boho-chic all the way. Using a gemstone and rice powder to physically buff away dead skin cells, pineapple and papaya enzymes provide further exfoliation, leaving a seriously bright complexion in their wake.
20. Honua Skincare Olena Beauty Oil ($48): There’s been major buzz about the anti-inflammatory, beauty-boosting benefits of turmeric lately. So it’s no surprise that this Hawaiian turmeric oil makes the list as a natural pigmentation buster.
21. Ole Henriksen Power Peel Professional Spa Grade Kit ($50, set of six): A professional-level peel kit — microdermabrasion and all — in three steps you can DIY from home? So much yes.
23. Renée Rouleau Vitamin C & E Treatment ($66): Treat yo’self to a healing serum that delivers the trifecta of goodness: fading brown spots, eliminating scars, and resurfacing with retinol.
24. Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum ($85): We can’t rave enough about this fast-acting facial illuminator. Containing a patented form of vitamin C, it gives extra sun-protection and a TKO-level glow in minutes.
25. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel ($88, set of 30): These top-rated peel pads are worth the hefty price tag. They deliver daily exfoliation that reduces the top causes of imperfections: uneven tone, fine lines, and large pores. Boom.
26. Guerlain Abeille Royale Dark Spot Corrector Pore Minimizer ($99): Did someone say ultra-luxe? This fancy treatment uses royal jelly to repair the causes of dark spots, tighten up pores, and even-out skin texture instantly. *Adds to cart*
27. Skin Medica Lytera Skin Brightening Complex ($100): Here’s a top-shelf solution to sun damage that reduces skin discolorations in a hydroquinine-free formula.
28. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF ($165): This beloved blend of phloretin, L-ascorbic acid, and ferulic acid packs a tone-correcting punch.
29. Sonia Dakar Fade Away ($195): Say hello to luxury skincare’s dermatologist-tested formula that lightens and brightens skin in just two weeks. Scars and spots, be gone!
30. PMD Personal Microderm Pro ($199): A weekly microdermabrasion treatment suctions away sun-tainted cells, revealing younger skin. It’ll also stimulate cellular turnover, which speeds up your derma’s overall healing.
31. Baby Quasar PLUS Skincare Device ($399): Enjoy the healing prowess of LED, red-light therapy from home using a collagen-promoting, wrinkle-eliminating, and tone-evening tool.
32. Laser Genesis ($1,200 for four sessions): For professional-grade results in just four trips, head to a cosmetic dermatologist for laser skin rejuvenation. After all, it’s Kylie and Kendall Jenner’s go-to fix for a red-carpet-ready look.
Looking for more skincare tips to perfect your beauty-boosting regimen? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.