12 Sleek Celebrity Updos Perfect for Your Holiday Party Hair Moment
Chances are your holiday party look is going to be ultra glam. Sequins are in season, glitz is in full gear and your outfit is going to feature all of the things. So when it comes to your hair, you’ll want to balance out the look with something simple, sleek and celebrity approved. Slicked-back updos have been trending on the red carpet all year, from Beyoncé’s sky-high Met Ball pony to Rooney Mara’s most recent slick PonyBun, giving A-listers’ ensembles a more elevated feel than messy waves or a lazy-girl pony could ever touch. Take a cue from these 12 celebs: A sleek updo is perfect for your holiday party hair moment. Get a glimpse below.
1. Rooney Mara: This unique topsy ponytail is a creative take on a regular updo. It’s not quite a bun and not quite a ponytail, but rather a beautiful hybrid of the two. Use a metallic gold tie to complete the look and make it glam. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
2. Lauren Conrad: Leave it to LC to rock this cool departure from the usual topknot. This updo is wrapped flat and loose for a unique spin on the messy bun, so the shape becomes more wreath-like. It’s gorgeous as is but would also look amazing using a fishtail braid. (Photo via Michael Loccisano/Getty)
3. Chrissy Teigen: Chrissy’s pouf + high ponytail are seriously inspiring. Flat iron your hair stick straight and then bump it up with a little backcombing and hairspray to get a ‘do with some serious height. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
4. Gigi Hadid: A simple bun like this one is appropriate for all occasions. Low, slicked-back chignons are the epitome of glossy hair perfection and look stunning without detracting from detailed statement gowns or dresses. (Photo via Rommel Demano/Getty)
5. Emma Stone: This is STUNNING. A pinned updo is ultra polished, and the smooth swirl of this one is beyond elegant. Copy this look for a fancy cocktail party, black tie affair or office soirée. (Photo via Danny E. Martindale/Getty
6. Beyoncé: Mrs. Knowles-Carter seems to be a big fan of the super high and slick ponytail, as she’s pictured here wearing it to TIDAL X: 10/20 and previously also rocked it at the 2015 Met Gala. Honestly, we understand why. She looks amazing. (Photo via Ilya S. Savenok/Getty)
7. Emma Watson: While Emma’s side-swept bangs are neat and tidy, her bun is just a little bit messy, which lends texture to her overall look. The additional bonus of embellished bobby pins make this ‘do a perfect 10. (Photo via Dave J Hogan/Getty)
8. Taylor Swift: T. Swift knows how to rock all the cool hairstyles. The low knotted ponytail she wore to the 2015 MTV VMAs incorporated a deep side part and bangs that made her whole ensemble come together as modern and edgy. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
9. Rihanna: To get this look, simply comb back your hair, tie it high on your head and let those curly ends go wild. It’s super fab because you get sleekness and volume all in one go. If you need help keeping pesky flyaways at bay, use a little spritz of hairspray on a toothbrush or comb. (Photo via Michael Loccisano/Getty)
10. Kate Bosworth: This hidden chignon is so effortlessly pretty. By wrapping the rest of your hair around a low bun, you create this gorgeous new take on a French twist that you can debut at your next shindig or house party. (Photo via Angela Weiss/Getty)
11. Blake Lively: This one is part ponytail, part bun and all amazingness. The unusual bubble shape of this bun makes it a standout look with chic appeal. Everyone in the room will have their eyes on your ‘do. (Photo via Andreas Rentz/Getty)
12. Jessica Alba: You can’t go wrong with a classic. This gelled topknot offers a cool upgrade in the form of escaping end strands. If you want shiny, streamlined and modern hair, this should be your new go-to look. (Photo via Ben Gabbe/Getty)
Which updo do you plan on replicating for your next bash? Share with us in the comments!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.