9 Instagram-Approved Decorating Ideas for Small Spaces
Whether it’s shopping for summer decor, styling our outdoor patios, or dreaming of future color palettes, we are constantly looking for ways to make our (tiny) spaces look their best. And a scroll through these amazing interiors found on Instagram’s #SmallSpacesSquad proves that square footage is nothing but a number. It’s not just a hashtag here, it’s a way of life. Check out all the tips below.
1. Create Statement Storage: Turn your library into a work of art by color-coding your books and putting them on (vertical) display.
2. Opt for Tables That Multitask: Get the most out of your tables by picking ones that you can combine into one larger surface or break apart depending on your needs.
3. Layer, Layer, Layer: Pattern- and-texture mixing is always a winning strategy. Explore ways to make it work in a tiny bedroom by using varying options on both the wall and the bed.
4. Create Storage, Not Clutter: If your kitchen doesn’t have a lot of cabinets, a portable island adds more counter AND storage space. Keep it organized and banish mess with baskets.
5. Start From the Top: Floor-to-ceiling drapes draw the eyes up; a statement ceiling keeps them focused there.
6. Pay Attention to Every Nook: Maximize those small patches of wall with tiny photo frames or planters to keep your house looking cozy, not busy.
7. Balance It Out: Bedroom symmetry is not only great Feng Shui, but the setup lends the appearance of more space. (via Max Maloney)
8. Spread the Light Around: No matter how small the area, don’t rely on just one overhead light to get the job done. Instead, follow Design Market‘s lead and go with multiple light sources to really open it up.
9. Statement Shelves: No room for an indoor garden? Use the wall facing a window (and some seriously stunning shelves) to stow your plants instead.
Are you loving all of the #SmallSpacesSquad inspo? Share your pics of your space via Instagram by tagging @BritandCo.