Sometimes you want a refreshing summer sipper… without the booze. Call it a healthy resolution, a BBQ that includes lots of spritely (pun intended) kiddos, or being bored with only choosing between water, wine, or beer when you open your fridge. Whatever you call it, we hope these 12 recipes get you inspired to think outside the hooch.
1. Fresh Peach Soda: Peach is top of mind at the end of summer, and this homemade peach soda will quench your thirst and your sweet tooth. (via The Kitchn)
2. Fizzy Lavender Lemonade: For folks who like things a little more floral, try adding lavender to a fizzy take on lemonade. Want even more flavor? Add a touch of basil for mint and you’ve got a whole garden in your glass. (via Out to Lunch)
3. Grapefruit Soda: We’re kind of in love with this one for the color alone! It’s tart, tangy, and packed with the vitamin C you need to battle any seasonal sniffles. (via Pastry Affair)
4. Spiced Chai Soda: This rich take on all-natural soda is just a touch caffeinated, a little spicy, and a lot of delicious. (via Brit + Co.)
5. Strawberry Basil Soda: Strawberry and basil is one of our favorite flavor combinations – I mean, each ingredient on its own is pretty much the bee’s knees so how can you go wrong? (via The Kitchn)
6. Mango Cream Soda: A modern take on the Mango Lassi, this bubbly version of mango drink is creamy, bold, and almost a snack in itself. (via Tadka Pasta)
7. Watermelon Lime Soda: In the summer, watermelon always wins. Take this recipe to the next level by actually serving it up in a watermelon! (via Completely Delicious)
8. Spicy Ginger Soda: Also known as the ultimate hangover cure (aside from hair of the dog, of course), this ginger soda gets its kick from red pepper flakes as well as a whole lot of fresh ginger. (via V. K. Rees Photography)
9. Raspberry Italian Soda: Remember Italian sodas? They didn’t go anywhere, but feel like something we all indulged in before we knew about coffee and alcohol. This dessert in a glass is a welcome throwback. (via PDX Food Love)
10. Citrus Mint Spritzer: We’re not gonna lie. This is just asking to be spiked ;) (via Diethood)
11. Red Bell Pepper, Lemon, and Basil Soda: Say what? Now that is some savory soda! Adding to our to-try list for sure. (via Reclaiming Provincial)
12. Pink Dragon Fruit Soda: Last, something a little more exotic and a touch magical. Have you ever tried dragon fruit? (via Kitchen Konfidence)
Do you have any homemade soda or non-alcoholic drink recipes we should try out? Share them with us in the comments below.