17 Spicy Recipes to Melt Your Taste Buds Off (in a Good Way)
If we made a list of things we’re generally into, it would read something like this: DIY projects, tech gadgets, spicy food, regular food. End of list. In that spirit, we’ve curated a chili-centric recipe roundup that will satisfy your appetite and ruin your stomach lining in a single fiery bite. This post is gonna get real hot — and blowing on it’s not gonna help.
1. Harissa: Harissa is an unsung hero of condiments. It’s North African in origin, and its slow, deep burn is perfect for topping just about anything. This recipe calls for liberal ancho and guajillo chiles with plenty of fresh herbs and spices and a splash of champagne vinegar. (via Relishing It)
3. Spicy Beer Candied Bacon: Some say the bacon train has left the station, but it’s the trendy food we just don’t want to go away… because it’s bacon. This version is candied with brown sugar, dark beer and Frank’s hot sauce. Just imagine it on top of a pepper-infused Bloody Mary. GUH. (via Bite By Michelle)
8. Mango Pickle: Indian pickles combine savory masalas with all the things we know and love about regular pickles, making them anything but regular. This turmeric-fennel-and-mustard-seed-laced mango pickle is best eaten at a time when there is no chance of you making out with another human being for at least 24 hours. (via Frugal Feeding)
9. Homemade Ghost Chile Hot Sauce: No joke, this is the hottest chile there ever was. Gloves are required before you mess around with a ghost chile… and a face mask… and a stomach lined with lead. (via Jeanette’s Healthy Living)
10. Kimchi Fried Rice: If you haven’t tried kimchi yet, get on that immediately. This pungent spicy ‘kraut-like relish is packed with probiotics and it tastes friggin’ incredible. This most excellent hot date with a Korean plate can be thrown together in just a few minutes with leftover rice and a fried egg. (via Food52)
12. Thai Coconut Curry Hummus: If you’re the friend that always brings a tub of hummus to every dinner party like a jerk, at least put some effort into it next time. Serve this spicy dip with cool cucumber sticks to balance out the South Asian curry. (via FitSugar)
16. Chile Lime Peanuts: Zestfully limey with a zing of arbol chiles, these are like bar peanuts, except you actually eat them because they taste good — not just because they are sitting within arm’s reach next to your Zima. (via Chow)
17. Sriracha and Wasabi Deviled Eggs: Need an impressive appetizer to warm up your next party? Just add sake, wasabi and Sriracha to an American classic. These eggs are hellishly hot. (via Food and Wine)
Tell us why your tongue is burning in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.