5 Splurge-Worthy Destinations for an Adult Spring Break
For many of us, the concept of spring break conjures up nightmares of 13-hour road trips, way too much beer, and multi-day hangovers. But it doesn’t have to. Splurging on a spring break vacay as a working adult might seem gratuitous at first, but, in actuality, taking some days off during this time of year to relax and reset can result in increased productivity. Plus, in many places, the weather is better than it is at the height of summer, and costs could potentially be lower than during peak travel season. So though we do recommend leaving the crazy trips to the college students, we encourage you to try one of these more elevated springtime experiences because, hey, you deserve it.
1. The Palms Hotel & Spa, Miami Beach, FL: This ain’t your stereotypical Miami Beach spring break — this wellness-focused resort will help you feel renewed, rather than, uh, hungover. Soak up the rays on the beach or by the pool, meditate at complimentary beach and garden yoga, refresh at the AVEDA spa, and stroll through the on-site organic chef’s garden of vegetables and herbs. Bonus: This same bounty is featured on the menu at Essensia, the hotel’s gourmet natural restaurant. (Photo via The Palms Hotel & Spa)
2. Belleview Inn, Belleair, FL: This historical hotel, which was initially opened in 1897 and restored and reopened last December, is the perfect choice for the sophisticated spring breaker. With a pool that overlooks the hotel’s unmistakable, charming 19th-century exterior, a history tour about the property’s legacy, and complimentary bikes for exploring the local town, this place has it all. Oh, and if beachside relaxing is a requirement, no worries — guests have access to the sister property Sandpearl Resort‘s private beach and AAA Four Diamond restaurant. (Photo via Belleview Inn)
3. Il Salviatino, Fiesole, Italy: If Belleview Inn’s beginnings aren’t quite antique enough for you, opt for Il Salviatino, a 15th-century Renaissance villa. This stunning hotel is surrounded by a lush private park that offers some of Tuscany’s most awe-inspiring views. And the property offers once-in-lifetime opportunities, such as self-drive Ferrari tours through Florence, wildflower foraging, and experiences with Italian artists. And, of course, when it comes to indulging in Italian food, “La Terrazza” terrace, a secluded adults-only venue that overlooks Italian gardens, is the top spot. (Photo via Il Salviatino)
4. The House, St. James, Barbados: Explore Barbados like a celebrity with the LX by The House package. This totally-worth-it getaway includes private polo lessons, a Mount Gay Rum tasting and tour, VIP shopping experience complete with a personal shopper, and three-hour sunset catamaran sail — as if the coastal views and champagne breakfasts weren’t enough to sell us. And, if you’re looking to extend cuffing season, contact the property’s Romance Concierge, who arranges intimate beach picnics, private firework displays, and more. (Photo via The House)
5. Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, Arenal, Costa Rica: When you think spring break, you think high temps — but probably not 105° natural pools for soaking and rejuvenating. This off-the-grid destination is tucked away near a small Costa Rican village called La Fortuna and perfect for adventure-seekers because it boasts nearby attractions such as horseback riding, zip lining through the rainforest canopy, whitewater rafting, and hiking. When all the adrenaline’s drained, slip into a robe and head straight for the adults-only Shangri-La Gardens, which holds those dreamy natural pools. (Photo via Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa)
RELATED: Find the Best Spring Break Swimsuits