15 Halloween Props to Take Your Spooky Decor to the Next Level
Halloween will be here before you know it, so don’t get caught scrambling for last-minute decorations. Sure, you can make some great DIY projects for your Halloween party, but these fun, festive objects will up your spooky decor game all season long. These 15 props are sure to give your home some extra creepiness — in the best way.
1. World Market Jeweled Spiders ($20, set of four): Glam up your decorations with this set of four dazzling spiders. Their colorful faux gems will reflect sunshine during the day and catch candlelight at night, adding a fab sparkle to your foreboding atmosphere.
2. Target Halloween Zombie Lit Brain Decor ($12): If you’re a fan of The Walking Dead, you’ll love these colorful light-up brains. They’re sold separately, but considering how cool they are, you’ll probably want more than one.
3. Popmap Life Size Faux Human Skull ($64): Give your windowsill an eerie makeover by decorating it with one of these colored resin skulls. Though six colors are listed online, you can request a customized skull color at no additional cost.
4. Improvements Metal Trick or Treaters Halloween Yard Decor ($50): Spruce up your yard with these metal trick-or-treaters. Their spooky silhouettes will let kids know which house will have the *good* candy, that’s for sure.
5. World Market Black Zombie Flamingo Lawn Ornaments ($25, set of two): Give the iconic plastic pink flamingo a creepy twist with these zombie-inspired versions. Your front yard will be screaming Halloween in no time. Or something will be screaming, anyway.
6. World Market Classic Hanging Skeleton Collection ($40): Choose from classic, chrome or gold skeletons to amp up the eeriness of your front porch. While you can’t go wrong with the classic ivory hanging skeleton, the metallic options will add a modern touch to your home.
7. Melrose Gifts Table Sitter Skeleton Figurine ($15): Sparkle goes a long way in making sure your decor goes above and beyond the ordinary. Give the traditional skeleton a glitzy upgrade with this glittered-out figurine.
8. Grandin Road Window Crasher Ghosts ($79, set of three): Give your home a haunted look by placing these cleverly designed ghosts on your windows to make it look like spirits are bursting from your windows. This spooky prop will definitely have your neighbors talking.
9. Target Halloween Airblown Ghost ($25): Sometimes static decorations just don’t cut it. Opt for this fan-driven ghost that’ll add movement to your yard, which is sure to look creeeepy at night.
10. Target Halloween Haunted Candelabra ($17): Illuminate the inside of your home with this gothic candelabra. The bleeding taper candles and skull adornments will add a nice touch to any haunted dinner party.
11. Dot & Bo Bare Bones Skeletal Figure ($165): Go full-on scary with this doll-sized cast-iron skeleton. Prop it up in a chair to make it appear as if your home has a guest, or slump it in a corner for a subtle horror.
12. Dot & Bo Phalanges Bottle Opener ($22): Throwing a Halloween party? This skeletal hand will pop open bottled drinks with that sought-after seasonal flair.
13. Pottery Barn Lit Bat Wings ($59): Illuminate your front porch for trick-or-treaters with these light-up bats. They’re both festive and functional, which makes them a no-brainer.
14. Target Halloween Chihuahua Skeleton ($15): Give dog lovers a scare with this seated skeleton. Just throw on a collar and you’re good to go.
15. Pottery Barn Lit Wire Skeleton ($229): Swap the traditional harvest wreath for something outside the box. Light up your front door with this wire skeleton that’ll make it clear which holiday you’re celebrating.
How will you decorate your porch this Halloween? Check us out on Pinterest for more Halloween decorating tips and inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)