5 New Spring Fashion Books That Need a Spot on Your Bookshelf
Coffee table books can speak volumes about your personal style, but fashion coffee-table books? Well, they tell the world that you’re both well dressed and well read. Since every fashion lover should have an expertly curated assortment of glamorous spines adorning her bookshelves, allow us to suggest a bevy of new titles that will fit right in. From designer dossiers to photo-driven works of art — these five releases call for a prominent place in your casa.
1. Alaïa ($150): You don’t understand, this is an Alaïa! The fashion world may have lost an incredible visionary, but now you can honor Azzedine Alaïa’s legacy (and our favorite Clueless quote) with a new edition of the only major monograph ever published on the Tunisian designer. Flip through his haute couture creations, get to know his muses, and admire over 200 photographs of his work, from icons such as Annie Leibovitz, Steven Meisel, Helmut Newton, and Patrick Demarchelier.
2. Queens: Alta Moda di Dolce & Gabbana ($350): Take a massive book full of heroines painted by Bronzino, Vigée Le Brun, and Mengs, and juxtapose with Domenico Dolce’s photos of high-fashion subjects clad in D&G creations, and you have yourself one masterpiece you won’t be able to put down. Set in sumptuous Baroque interiors, each queen tells her own story — and inspires some serious wardrobe envy at the same time.
3. Bvlgari: The Perfume of Gems ($150): If you adore statement baubles and even more serious scents, then get your hands on a copy of Bvlgari’s new tome, which tells a vivid tale of both. The Perfume of Gems explores Bvlgari’s most precious perfumes through their ties to Rome and ancient gems, while also highlighting the noblewomen, princesses, and actresses who’ve had a love affair with the luxury brand — think Sophia Loren, Liz Taylor, Nicole Kidman, and Carla Bruni.
4. Lilly Pulitzer by Lilly Pulitzer and Assouline ($85-195): Lilly Pulitzer, best known for her preppy punchy prints, first became a style icon in Palm Beach, Florida before taking over the rest of the world. Now there are two books (one classic and one special edition) detailing her resort-wear rise from working an orange juice stand to eventually becoming an inimitable household name. We highly suggest reading this story of how Pulitzer made the world a happier place, dressed in a vibrant floral shift obviously.
5. Legendary Artists and the Clothes They Wore ($35): From Frida Kahlo’s obsession with color and Cecil Beaton’s flamboyant suits to Cindy Sherman’s minimalist getups, most artists are known for having a certain look. Fashion journalist Terry Newman delves into several eccentric greats that are known for their iconic dress.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)