16 Trendy Spring Fashion Buys to Upgrade Your Office Outfit
When you think about your nine-to-five wardrobe, there are likely a few iconic pieces that come to mind — button-downs, smart black trousers, tailored jackets, etc. While these are undeniably essential to power dressing, sticking to the basics might be keeping you from achieving fashion greatness. From statement sleeves to ROYGBIV separates, dare to dial up your HBIC style with some of the scene-stealing options below this spring.
1. Bruta Las Cabezas ($155): Let’s be real — Mondays kind of suck, which is exactly why bright and cheery pieces like this are so essential. Banish a bad case of post-weekend blues by popping it on with navy paper bag pants and embellished backless slides for snoozy board meetings and long, drawn-out dates with your inbox.
2. E8 by Miista Cyrene Ankle Boot ($130): Black, white, and unbelievably bold, this modern twist on the classic Oxford will make any burgeoning Instababe swoon. For maximum impact, pair with white trousers, a black top, and bright accoutrements for a day-to-night look that slays.
3. Zara Corset ($26): Without shelling out serious cash, you can breathe new life into everyday basics. Exhibit A: This red hot corset adds dimension to a relaxed shirt dress and delivers the oomph this otherwise understated outfit needs.
4. Pixie Market Black Ring Chain Blazer ($199): The appeal of a classic black blazer can’t be denied, especially when teamed with of-the-moment details that channel FROW style. Pop this topper on over a simple silk tee, then pair with studded stilettos and printed culottes.
5. ASOS Tie Front Shirting Pants ($35): We love when our workwear can go the extra mile and score us a few style points off-duty too — and these tie-front trousers do just that. Whether you pair them with a vibrant orange blouse and platform Oxfords, or a simple tee and Stan Smiths, the result will undoubtedly be #flawless.
6. COS Warped Shape Necklace ($59): Statement earrings will always hold a highly coveted spot in our closets, but sometimes you just have to switch things up. The abstract shape and high-shine gold finish of this look-at-me collar are just as impactful as any set of OTT drops and looks amazing with everything from plunge to crewneck, and collared tops.
7. Porridge Clothing Lana Striped Dress ($168): Whether or not your spring style aspirations involve statement stripes, this technicolor frock should be at the top of your must-have list. A prime candidate for your desk-to-drinks routine, it takes on a DDG tone when worn alongside a gold arm party, tassel earrings, and sassy ankle boots.
8. Mango Decorative Buckle Dress ($100): While this boldly buckled piece is indeed a dress, the wrap-front means it has major potential to double as a gilet. Opt for the unexpected by layering it over a graphic shift dress and chunky-heeled lace-up booties.
9. Storets Barbara Corset Shirt ($62): You don’t have to totally part ways with tradition to set your style apart. Featuring corset detailing, this simple button-down takes on a whole new ‘tude. Dress it up with freshly pressed pants and gemstone-studded earrings for just the right balance of polish and glitz.
10. & Other Stories Pointed Suede Pump ($125): Introducing the vampy v-shaped pump you’ve been waiting for all season long. A godsend for tired suiting separates and lived-in denim alike, they’re a shoo-in for your girl-on-the-go routine.
11. Finery Buckrose Bows Skirt ($99): Don’t let that little peek of skin fool you — this fluttery midi skirt is 100 percent ready for the office. Balance out the subtly sultry slits with a printed long-sleeve blouse and menswear-inspired kicks for a show-stopping blend of boy-meets-girl appeal.
12. Babaton Conan Pant ($145): Perfect your work-leisure look by throwing these sporty pants into the mix. Complement the clean lines with an architectural top in a bright shade of white, then turn up the heat with Insta-worthy oversized studs and elevated steppers.
13. Emilio Cavallini Mood Fishnet Anklet ($16): ICYMI — Fishnets are making a major comeback. The ’80s-inspired detail was a fixture during the FW ’17 shows and offers a fierce way to accessorize a chic pair of loafers or trend-right mules. Opt for ankle-length trousers or a midi silhouette to put them front row center of your #OOTD.
14. Genuine People Crossbody Bucket Bag ($189): This isn’t your average bucket bag — equipped with an oversized carabiner-style handle, the streamlined crossbody feels like a functional work of art. Load it up with all your working-girl bag swag, and proceed to climb your way up the corporate ladder.
15. Loéil Anissa Dress ($102): A slip dress that slays by day and night? We’re so in. Usher this saucy number into daytime territory with a colorful turtleneck and metallic kicks for a down-to-business look that isn’t messing around.
16. Uterqüe Striped Trousers With Bow ($107): Oh, these old things? They’re only the corner-office bottoms of our dreams. Their hidden talent? Transforming laid-back basics — like that arsenal of retro band tees — into on-the-job gold. Just add embellished slides and a swipe of matte lipstick, and you’re good to go.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.