39 OMG-Worthy Ways to Wear Florals This Spring
Depending on where you live, spring might be in full swing or (womp womp) you might have a few more weeks of snow, slush and freezing temps to combat. But no matter what’s in the weather forecast from now until those (not so far off) balmy summer days, you don’t have to wait until the last snowflake melts to start getting your wardrobe into warm weather mode. Pounding the pavement in off-the-shoulder tops and your spring break best might not be in the cards just yet — at least not without a bit of clever layering — but readying an arsenal of fabulously floral dresses, transitional spring coats, accessories and even denim should definitely be on your to-do list. This season there’s no shortage of vibrant, attention-grabbing interpretations of the classic feminine print just waiting to breathe new life into your closet. From festival-ready frocks to pop art tees, let your spring style bloom with these 39 prints.
1. ASOS Belted Jumpsuit With Kimono Sleeve ($85): Vibrant orange with a contrasting floral pattern, this chic, sophisticated jumpsuit is not for wallflowers. Take a cue from its fusion of classic and envelope-pushing appeal by polishing off your look with metallic mules and modern gold drop earrings.
2. Yumi Kim McKenzie Floral Romper ($218): Enter the romper you’ll be living in all summer long. Tropical fleurs, look-at-me color and a playful square neckline were made for sipping umbrella drinks seaside. Pull it off with pretty purple nail polish and punchy pink lippy.
3. Kimchi Blue Woodstock Embroidered Denim Jacket ($109): As winter winds down, start working this folkloric embroidered number into the mix. Team it with Breton stripes, cropped white jeans and bright suede mules for #OOTD perfection.
4. Mango Floral Scarf ($26): Sorry we’re knot sorry. A colorful scarf (like this floral beaut) adds insta class to your nine-to-five basics, making getting dressed avant coffee so much easier. Follow a culottes + silk tee + scarf formula for everyday on-duty success.
5. Express Floral Print High-Waisted A-Line Skirt ($50): Button-fronts might be having a moment, but when you’re craving a bit of color, bust out this striking skirt. Team it with a leather jacket and ankle boots for a Saturday night outfit that straight-up slays. Take the look to the next level with a bit of pattern play, topping it off with a printed tank or frilly blouse.
6. Free People All I Think About Ruffle Top ($98): Your old-school ditzy floral dress gets a major 2016 makeover, finding its 21st-century footing in a Gigi Hadid-approved choker top silhouette. Tuck it into a suede midi skirt when you’re looking to impress, or put it front row center (cinched with a Western belt) by layering it over black denim.
7. J.Crew Floral and Crystal Lucite Cuff Bracelet ($98): You’ve found the perfect LWD to rock at all your spring outings and killer lace-up booties to match. Now all that’s missing is that vital pop of statement-making color. Bring on the party vibes with this OMG-worthy lucite bracelet that’s all kinds of stunning.
8. Ann Taylor Eryn Daisy Kitten Heels ($128): What’s better than a pair of playful pink pumps? Ones with a lighthearted daisy print! Take ’em out for afternoon tea with the girls, cardi coat and sleek half-moon bag in tow.
9. FP Movement Spring Fling Pullover ($128): Get ready to make moves, thanks to this floral mesh hoodie that’s dishing out the fierce femme feels. Whether you’re headed to the studio to get your cycle on or picnicking in the park, you’ll find any excuse to take this pullover along.
10. Komono Stella Print Sunglasses ($70): Fact: It’s not spring until you have a *few* pairs of stunner shades on standby. Add these floral sunnies to your festival survival kit — whether you’re going all out boho chic or jammin’ grunge style, they make a mean addition to any rockin’ getup.
11. ASOS Top With Large Floral Burnout ($38): Your main stage style game will be going strong this season with this pop art printed tee in tow. To really nail that laid-back cool vibe every fashionable festival-goer is after, simply tuck it into a pair of cutoff jeans and toss on metallic cat eye sunglasses. Dramatic lipstick and half-up buns are a must.
13. Liquor N Poker LAX Deep South Texas Cactus Embroidered Mom Jeans ($57): Get your basics in on the whole floral thing with relaxed-fit jeans decked out in bloomtastic stitching. Pair them with an oversized button-down and trend-right babouche flats for a no-fuss flawless look that has It girl written all over it.
14. Adidas by Stella McCartney CC Sonic Sneakers ($160): If there’s one reason to get active this spring (besides, duh, the slew of health benefits), it’s these vibrant floral kicks. Sunday strolls and lazy-day getups are about to get a lot more stylish.
15. Zara Printed Pajama Style Blouse ($70): Lazy girls, eat your hearts out! This is how you’ll be doing florals this spring. A silky top with I-woke-up-like-this appeal makes Monday morning dressing a thousand times more bearable, and your weekend tee-and-jeans uniform way more fun. Complete with slip-on flats for extra lazy-girl vibes.
16. Merona Hinge Case Clutch ($17): Time to swap out that shimmery, Studio 54-inspired clutch and embrace styles with springtime panache. Tuck this artistic number under your arm at your next wedding extravaganza, and style with a sleek jumpsuit and minimalist jewelry.
17. Forever21 Contemporary Floral Crepe Top ($18): Off-the-shoulder tops are everything this spring. Ease into your warm-weather sartorial routine by styling this flirty top with cropped flares and a wide-brim straw hat for a carefree, feminine look.
18. Johnny Loves Rosie Amber Statement Floral Headband ($42): For a show-stopping springtime look, check out this statement floral headband. Channel a bit of Frida Kahlo’s iconic look by pairing this attention-grabbing accessory with a flowy midi dress and denim jacket to close Coachella out in style, or go boho chic for your bestie’s “I dos” with a printed two-piece ensemble.
19. Silence + Noise Iris Floral Bomber Jacket ($99): Sorry, leather jackets, you’ll be taking a backseat to bombers this season, and rightly so. This classic jacket combines two of this season’s biggest trends — stripes and bomber silhouettes — and a bold botanical print to bring you a versatile piece you’ll be pairing with everything in your closet.
20. Herbarium Print Viscose Top ($55): Tired of button-downs and long-sleeve blouses? This flowery top will breathe fresh air into any on-the-clock ensemble, no problem. Color coordinate your accessories (think turquoise, jade or blue lapis) to really make your outfit pop.
21. Urge Spring It On Lace-Up Sandal ($100): Nothing says spring like lace-up sandals with a blossoming print that’s guaranteed to put a bit of pep into your step. But it’s not just the pretty petals that will do you some good — donning these bad boys is the perfect excuse for a spa date with the girls (hello, much-needed pedi).
Petal power through your workout with the help of psychedelic floral leggings that can hang both on and off the mat. After working on your fitness, top them off with a shirtdress, trench and hightop kicks to run around town.
23. Keepsake Catch Me Top ($160): You know you want to give these lifelike blossoms a try. Wear it now with a boyfriend blazer, skinny jeans and menswear loafers for an evening of gallery hopping, then give it the new season touch with a denim skirt, gladiators and a glistening gilded pendant.
need for spring? A few pint-sized pins. Add them to the collar of a leather jacket for just the right balance of feminine and fierce.
25. Mango Floral Print Dress ($60): The hippies had one thing right — a little flower power is always a good thing. Case in point: this flirty flowery dress. Petite prints are woven together to create a color blocked effect. Amplify its Americana appeal with Western boots and a suede jacket.
go there with these ladylike lily culottes. The abbreviated hemline and elegant style are guaranteed to get you noticed for all the right reasons.
27. Rory Beca Silk Fever Dress ($255): A floral dress with throw-on-and-go glamour is something every girl needs in her closet. Throw in some gladiator sandals and layered necklaces, and you’ll be armed for everything from GNOs to rehearsal dinners.
28. ASOS Kickflare Pant in 70s Floral Co-ord ($60): Denim isn’t the only way to rock a pair of cropped flares this season. These groovy pants dare to be different and will totally flip the script on office basics. Patent metallic oxfords and architectural tops are definitely in order.
29. Kimchi Blue Sabina Ruffle Wrap Mini Dress ($69): Soaking up rays and al fresco dining call for a swoon-inducing wrap dress like this. A ruffled hem and wildflower print read soft and feminine, while the lace-up back brings the drama. Send the boho-glam vibes into overdrive with a party-ready diadem and Mary Jane heels.
30. Ella Moss Fiore Floral Pants ($148): A simple silhouette paired with a flashy graphic print is a recipe for off-duty styling gold. These tropical trousers are versatile enough to take you from desk to dinner with the right statement shoes and a classy cat eye.
always in your #details shots, so you’d best be updating it for spring 2016. Graphic floral lace lends a minimalist-meets-folksy feel to your tech that’s a shoo-in for two times the double taps.
32. Loft Sunwashed Floral Vintage Soft Tee ($30): There’s something irresistible about a soft cotton tee and, in this case, it’s a sunwashed floral print. Denim cutoffs, midi skirts and silky joggers, meet your latest style soul mate.
33. J.O.A. Floral Short ($67): Floral prints like these have ’90s babe written all over them. Play into their throwback mood with crop tops, chokers and Dr. Martens.
34. Bauble Bar Zoe Drops ($38): Even if it’s still too cold to be thinking about spring in your neck of the woods, you can still start the transitional dressing thing. Look to statement accessories, like these red daisy drops, to instantly perk up chunky knits and wintry layers.
35. HD in Paris Pocket-Garden Button-Down ($98): Can you count the ways to wear this floral chambray shirt? Styled with leather-look trousers or a flouncy floral skirt, your options are endless.
quite off the hook just yet. While sheers still say “Hey, I’m cold!” the tattoo-like floral print on this set keeps those warm-weather dreams alive.
37. New Look Floral Print Strappy Jumpsuit ($39): Spring break or a Saturday afternoon in the park — this is the piece you’ll be wearing. It’s the epitome of effortless weekend chic with espadrilles and military jackets.
38. Finders Keepers Aerial Love Dress ($180): The I-have-nothing-to-wear conundrum simply doesn’t exist when you have a dress like this in your lineup. The below-the-knee length and modern neckline make it a perfect candidate for almost every spring event. Lace-up heels and statement cuff bracelets are obligatory.
so necessary. It’ll always do you right. Throw in some flatform sandals and a denim jacket for unlimited laid-back vibes.