20 Spring Party Favors to Up Your Hosting Game
Between the baby showers, bridal showers and endless dinner parties, spring is the perfect time to get together with your besties and celebrate the warm weather. You probably already have the menu sorted out and have made your favorite spring home decor DIY projects to welcome your guests, so what’s next? Party favors, of course. They’re *the* best way to take your hosting game to the next level and leave your guests seriously impressed. Before you head to the craft store for supplies, scroll down to pick out a DIY party favor for your next spring soiree.
1. DIY Painted Favor Bags: On a budget? No problem. Pick up a pack of glassine bags and swipe on your favorite pattern using acrylic paint. Once they’re dry, you can pop candies or little extras in them to give to your besties. (via Paper + Stitch)
2. DIY Cement Letter Photo Holders: These DIY photo holders can double as place markers at your table and are super easy to make. Quick dry cement, a silicon letter tray and a few other materials that you already have in your craft closet are all you need to make them. To make a great party decoration, write out a fun message to welcome your guests. (via I Spy DIY)
3. DIY Cement Coasters: Have some leftover cement from your photo holders? Whip up a set of these coasters to give to your guests. Get the shape by using a shallow muffin pan and, once they’re dry, paint your favorite pattern to make them unique. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Initial Keychains: Who doesn’t love a good keychain? Cut out your guests’ initials in leather and make them a little extra fun with some color block action. Pro tip: If you want to make these *super* perfect and precise, use a Cricut for #prostatus. (via Damask Love)
5. DIY Giant Friendship Pins: Channel your inner ’80s vibes and DIY these friendship pins for you and your pals. Oversized kilt pins and perla beads are all it takes for a throwback to the glory days. (via Oh Happy Day)
6. Ceramic Air Planter: There’s no such a thing as *too* many planters, so you can’t go wrong when giving them out as party favors. Make this air planter option using air dry clay and a little craft paint. Add magnets to the back so your favors can do your guests a favor with an easy way to instantly hang on the fridge or metal filing cabinet. (via Brit + Co)
7. Chocolate Ring Pops: When in doubt, chocolate is always the answer. Instead of giving out a #basic chocolate bar, make these glitter ring pops. Not only are they totally fun to make, but your guests will be *so* happy they can have their favor and eat it too. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Honeycomb Piñata Favors: Looking for a DIY that will test your skillz? Use this tutorial to make mini piñatas, then fill them with sweets. After all, a party isn’t complete without a piñata or two. (via Oh Happy Day)
9. DIY Concrete Gem Mini Planters: Spring has sprung, so help your friends liven up their desk or home space with colorful flowers and plants. Make these DIY concrete mini planters in their fave colors, so they can go home with a little fun for the sun. (via The Proper Blog)
10. DIY Confetti Tray: Party trays may not be the obvious choice for a party favor, but these puppies are so versatile (and colorful) that your guests won’t want to leave them behind. Snag a few ceramic trays and use Mod Podge to add confetti, then use them during the party to serve appetizers or candy, display plants or anything else you can think of. (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Hand-Painted Indigo Clay Bowls: If you’re looking for a more monochromatic feel, opt for these DIY indigo clay bowls instead. Add your favorite patterns with a nontoxic acrylic paint, and get ready for your friends to ask if you can make them an entire set. (via Alice + Lois)
12. DIY Emoji Heart Best Friends Necklace: If your guest list is basically just a bunch of your besties, add these DIY emoji heart friendship necklaces to each place setting. They’re a fun little gift that’s not only super cute, but thoughtful too. (via Aww, Sam)
13. DIY Tissue Paper Watercolor Mug: Too many mugs! Said no one ever. These DIY tissue paper watercolor mugs are the secret to seriously impressing your guests with a favor they’ll definitely put to good use. (via I Spy DIY)
14. DIY Fruity Print Zipper Purses: If girls’ night is on the list of spring parties you’re hosting, follow this tutorial to DIY makeup pouches for your besties. They take a little extra time to make, but the turnout is something that your beauty-obsessed besties will love. (via The Lovely Drawer)
15. DIY Raindrop Magnets: You know how it goes… April showers bring May flowers. If that isn’t the perfect party favor inspo, then we don’t know what is. Make a batch of these raindrop magnets and give a few to each guest for a favor they can stick on their fridge. (via Metro Mode)
16. Hand-Lettered Clutch: Looking for the ultimate girls’ night gift? Snag a few budget-friendly clutches, and put your hand-lettering skills to the test to kick ’em up a notch… Your #50daysoflettering Instagram game just got bumped up a notch. (via Paper + Stitch)
17. DIY Wooden Bead Keychain: It’s the night before the party, and you still haven’t figured out your party favors. These easy-to-assemble keychains will only take a few minutes to make, and won’t even take the focus away from your Netflix binge. Procrastinators ftw. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
18. Patterned Candles: Say goodbye to boring pillar candles, and hello to these DIYed beauties. Use this tutorial and template to create patterned candles with tissue paper, and in less than five minutes apiece you’ll have favors for all your friends. (via Brit + Co)
19. DIY Gemstone Guest Soaps: These soap favors are a gem (pun intended). For gemstone soaps that all your guests will go gaga for, choose bright colors, scents and glitter. These guys will give your guests’ guest bathrooms a serious upgrade. (via Poppytalk)
20. Peony Favors: Paper flowers are such an easy way to amp up a simple favor box. Fill them with candy or another easy DIY party favor, and add them to each place setting for some feminine oomph that’s totally gorge. (via Oh Happy Day)
Are you hosting any parties this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for even more inpso.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.