Spring will be here before you know it. You know what that means? Pretty pastels are coming back in for the season! Since we’re color-lovers here at Brit HQ, we decided to round up a whole bunch of pastel cakes to inspire your spring baking.
Need to tune up your tiered cake baking skills? Then check out our 35-minute Cake Baking 101 E-Class. You’ll bake up a delicious three-layer vanilla buttercream cake with a step-by-step tutorial.
Plus, you’ll brush up on the basics of cake baking equipment, ingredients, and methods for baking a cake from scratch. Not to mention, you’ll whip up a batch of homemade buttercream and learn how to fill and frost your three-layer cake with tips to execute a smooth, professional finish. Now isn’t that the icing on the cake? ;)
BUY THE CLASS – $19
Now that we’ve got the basics down, let’s make a pretty pastel cake that will take the cake at your next spring celebration.
1. Birthday Party Ice Cream Cake: How delightful does this ice cream cake look? That’s a lot of fun in just one cake. (via Sweetapolita)
2. Colorful Cake: So. Much. Color! We are in LOVE with this rainbow cake. (via Indulgy)
3. Pastel Swirl Cake: You can easily make this super pretty ombre swirl cake. Plus, it comes with a video tutorial! (via Sweetapolita)
4. Birthday Cheesecake: Who knew cheesecake could look so lovely? Plus, it has a fun birthday surprise inside. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
5. Cherry-Vanilla Layer Cake: Make this yummy cherry cake and top it off with a robin’s egg blue vanilla frosting. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
6. Heart-Shaped Mini Cakes: Show someone how much you love them with these adorable heart mini cakes. (via Babble)
7. Easy + Colorful Cake: Brighten up a traditional cake by piping the top with multi-colored rosettes. (Mirror Mirror)
8. Mini Brownie Cakes: This adorable brownie cake is small in size and BIG on flavor. Just add frosting and sprinkles. (via Betty Crocker)
9. Frozen Princess Cake: Did your little one love the movie Frozen? Then make her this cute princess cake with meringue kisses on top. (via Coco Cake Land)
10. Pastel Confetti Cake: This pretty pastel cake is a labor of love, but it sure does take the cake when it comes to spring desserts. (Brit + Co)
11. Ombre Rose Cake: Give this pretty-in-pink cake a whirl with ombre rose embellishments. It’s easier than you think! Promise. (via BS’ In The Kitchen)
12. Birthday Party Cake: Add a pop of color to a simple vanilla cake baked in a bundt pan by drizzling colored frosting all over. (via lisa leonard blog)
13. Cake Decoration Lettering: Add a pastel message to your cake by using colored gum or fondant. (via Maiko Nagao)
14. Strawberry Roll Cake: A perfect cake for a spring get-together. This treat is easy to make and scrumptious to boot. (via tablespoon)
All of these are a piece of cake, right? ;) Now that you’ve got the basics down and a pinboard full of inspiration, make sure to grab our Cake Baking 101 Kit from the Brit + Co. Shop. It’s a complement kit to the Cake Baking 101 E-Class and has everything you need to get started on your cake baking adventures.
Already a cake-baking machine? Show us your pretty cake creations on Instagram. Make sure to use #britstagram so we can check them out!