Some Bunny’s Going to Love This Spring Pastel Confetti Cake Recipe
What’s the best thing about spring? All of the beautiful colors! That’s why we’re especially partial to this Pastel Confetti Cake. Six layers of colorful cake plus a whole lot of jumbo confetti sprinkles make for one stunning centerpiece at your next get-together!
– 3 boxes vanilla cake mix + ingredients
– 4 jars vanilla frosting
– Wilton jumbo confetti sprinkles
– gel food coloring
1. Make cake mix according to package directions.
2. Divide cake batter between six bowls. Tint with food coloring to create pastel purple, pink, orange, yellow, green and blue layers. Bake according to package directions.
3. Remove cakes from oven and let cool completely. Stack and frost each cake layer before covering the entire cake with a thin layer of frosting (aka, the “crumb coat”). Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
4. Remove from refrigerator and cover with a thick layer of frosting. Immediately place jumbo confetti sprinkles all over cake. Enjoy!
Let’s hop to it!
Start by gathering your ingredients.
Make cake mix according to package directions.
Then, divide cake batter evenly between six bowls. Tint batter with gel food coloring to create pastel purple, pink, orange, yellow, green and blue layers.
Pour batter into greased and floured cake pans.
Pretty pastels! Now it’s time to bake the cakes according to the package directions.
Once cakes have cooled completely, place one layer on a cake stand and frost the top.
Continue alternating layers of cake and frosting.
Once you’ve reached the top, cover the entire cake in a thin layer of frosting. We call this layer the “crumb coat” because it’s used to seal in all of the cake crumbs before the final frosting layer. Place in refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes to firm up.
Once your crumb coat has set up, cover the entire cake with a thick layer of frosting.
Here comes the fun, errrr, tedious part. Start placing the jumbo confetti sprinkles on the cake one by one.
Keep going, you’re almost there!
You made it!
Now that’s what we call a cake!
What are your favorite spring desserts? Let us know in the comments section below!