The biggest jewelry trend this year is actually one that you probably already own: hoop earrings. And there’s never been a better moment than now to channel all your hidden hoop dreams. But these aren’t the understated huggies you typically think of. From shoulder-grazers to double hoops to Swarovski-embellished styles, it’s time to make a statement with these not-so-basic hoop earring options.
1. Ippolita Sterling Silver Hoops ($395): This universally flattering, tapered hoop is both sexy and timeless. Opt for cool silver hues or choose warmer tones in 18K gold.
2. Jennifer Fisher 3″ Classic Hollow Hoop ($490): If there’s one designer who’s synonymous with door-knocker statement hoops, it’s Jennifer Fisher. Her classic styles have graced the lobes of nearly every starlet and stylist this season. Thankfully this hoop is hollow and surprisingly light.
3. Vita Fede Sfera Hoop Earring ($285): Two earrings are better than one with these 24K gold-plated hoop-inside-a-hoop set. Measuring at 2.6 inches in diameter for the larger hoop and 1.6 inches for the inner one, consider this buy the best of both worlds.
4. Melissa Joy Manning 2.5 Triangle Gold Hoops ($525): This triangle-shaped earring made from recycled 14K gold is designer Melissa Joy Manning’s favorite hoop from her collection. She offered this tip to avoid “earring agony” in the colder months: “Always wear an extra back to any hoop when wearing a scarf to avoid losing an earring.” Good call.
5. Madewell Chunky Oversize Hoops ($28): This hollow Madewell set won’t weigh down your ears — or your wallet. The shape is timeless enough for everyday wear and special occasions alike.
6. Sarah Magid Slice Hoop Earring ($148): These sparkly stunners, trimmed with Swarovski crystals, are a festive upgrade to the seen-everywhere trend.
7. LC Lauren Conrad Textured Leverback Hoop Earrings ($14): Tastemaker Lauren Conrad brings us these textured beauties that have just enough subtle detail to dress up a simple t-shirt and jeans.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.