In fashion, the term “It-bag” tends to get thrown around pretty liberally, but this summer, if there is one purse you should have on your list, it’s made of straw. We’re not necessarily talking the Sophia Petrillo/Golden Girls-style wicker purse of yore (though truth be told, it is totally on trend). This season’s woven styles run the gamut from half-moon-shaped clutches to embellished bucket bags to cheeky totes. So scroll on to shop our favorite woven, straw, and basket bags out now that are guaranteed to kick your summer off right and put you in that sunny state of mind ASAP.
1. Cult Gaia Gaia’s Ark Natural ($128): The material says summer and the unique shape says It girl. Go on with your chic self.
2. Aldo Tourano ($60): What’s better than stripes? Stripes and tassels, obvi. Get ready to turn all the heads with this graphic tote.
3. Vanessa Seward Djerba Painted Straw Tote ($290): Take on the trippy boho vibes, because this bag has it all.
4. Rebecca Minkoff Straw Pom-Pom Bucket Bag ($195): The basket bag gets a modern makeover with pom-poms and a minimalist-friendly leather strap. We’re here for it.
5. Nannacay Phiphi Medium Box Bag ($281): Straw and sassy! Red stripes and fringe turn this simple basket into a party purse.
6. Kayu St Tropez Embroidered Woven Straw Tote ($140): Speaking of sassy, we’re feeling this statement style. BRB. Adding to cart.
7. Zara Raffia Bucket Bag ($60): Chic and sleek with a double-digit price tag? Oh yes.
8. Sophie Anderson Alicia Pompom-Embellished Woven Raffia Clutch ($100): Be bright and bold with this colorful clutch that will upgrade even a tee shirt and cutoffs to the next level.
9. Catzorange Small Circle Tote ($165): A clean, simple shape always makes a bold statement. Go round in style with this circular tote.
10. Soeur Du Maroc Casablanca Pom Pom Small Tote ($98): Summer was made for pom-poms and tassels. Get on board with a trendy tote and enjoy the ride.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.