Denim on denim might not be a new phenomenon, but it’s certainly one with staying power. Sure, Britney and Justin kind of gave it a bad rap for a while (and by bad, we obvi mean iconic), but if street-style stars have anything to say about it, the power pairing ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. Fashion’s most ‘grammable ladies rock the Canadian tuxedo on the regular and in ways you might not have thought about. With fall rapidly approaching, the time is right for you to morph into the blue jean baby you always knew you were. Ahead, check out 10 ways to do double-denim the It-girl way. (P.S. Have you checked out our Brit + Co Denim Guide? Well, you should)
1. Cropped and Cute: Something Navy’s Arielle Charnas knows you can’t go wrong with a classic blue on blue look. In a cropped, cutoff trucker jacket and busted straight legs, she nailed the Americana cool thing.
2. Mix Master: Lisa Hanbueck paired her dark denim Bardot blouse with a light wash trucker, draped ever so effortlessly off her elbows. Despite not being the most practical way to wear the trend if you need to use your hands, we’re totally digging how she flipped the script and paired denim and denim on top.
3. Chambray Way: Tess Christine found a way around the hot weather with her smocked chambray crop top. Together with rolled jeans, she’s end-of-summer outfit goals.
4. Layer Up: With her denim shirt, tee, anorak, and jeans look, Pam Hetlinger is a study in transitional dressing.
5. Statement Maker: One way to take the blue on blue thing beyond basic? Add attitude with a sassy slogan, like Gabi Gregg does here. The future is (a denim clad) female.
6. Stark Contrast: Viva Luxury’s Annabelle Fleur styled her light-wash jacket with ripped black skinnies for a mash-up that’s cool and casual but still polished for travel. Copying her look? Don’t forget to roll up the sleeves for extra style points.
7. Short and Sweet: Olga Pancenko’s short-sleeved trucker makes for the perfect wear now and later option (try it with a thin turtleneck for fall). She also upped the ante with a denim newsboy cap. That’s commitment.
8. Paper Chase: Not sure you would rock a paper bag jean? Check out style queen Olivia Culpo taking the look for a test drive and tell us you’re not a little curious to give it a try! Denim neckerchief optional.
9. Neck Check: How do you make a button-down and ripped skinnies look luxe? A badass statement necklace, of course. Lindsi Lane takes the all-denim everything look to the next level with her bold neck-cessory.
10. Crazy Sexy Cool: Balance a sleek bustier and skinny jean combo with a retro oversized distressed trucker jacket like Naressa Valdez did for the ideal sexy mix.
Want more denim inspiration? Check out our denim guide on Pinterest!