The Street Style Guide to Wearing Loafers in 2017
Trend alert! The classic loafer got an edgy makeover this summer. Prepare to re-meet the “modern loafer” — AKA the trendiest street shoe that will take you from work to your vacay in a flash. Its sophisticated aesthetic is perfect for almost every occasion, whether you’re rocking an elevated-casual daytime style or a CEO-approved pairing. Get ready to swap out your everyday espadrilles for the transition from summer to fall with these 11 statement loafer ideas.
1. Rich Velvet: A pair of ankle-baring, raw-hem jeans that fall above the ankle put trendy footwear on display like whoa — especially ones made of blush velvet.
2. Fur Real: Gucci put the backless, fur-lined loafer on the map, and it has been all over our feed ever since.
3. Statement Studs: Head-turning flats like these should be shown off with a pair of distressed cropped jeans for a grunge-inspired twist — the socks are optional.
4. Classic Car Shoe: That little white sundress is perfect for all-day summer play in your brightly colored car shoe flats.
5. Bold and Bright: Richly hued steppers in a coordinating shade are a must-have item for your vacay packing list.
6. Menswear: Two major fashion trends just collided in the most impossibly gorgeous way. Contrast your menswear-inspired street shoes with a flowing satin skirt, for a ladylike look that packs a punch.
8. Simple Stunner: Destroyed boyfriend jeans, a plain white T, and a navy blue blazer give off just the right amount of East Coast class.
9. To the Point: The fashion elite swears by the sleek, minimalist appeal of pointed-toe loafers. Rock them with cuffed trousers for your nine-to-five or sheer separates after hours.
10. Athletic Inspired: It’s no wonder that when Gigi Hadid was spotted in Everlane‘s coveted street shoe, they sold out instantly — leaving a 10,000 person wait-list in its wake.
11. Platform Loafer: Let flatform soles take center-stage when you step out in this high-flying silo. Bonus points awarded when you add in the patent leather finish.
Looking for more summer-to-fall fashion tips? Follow us on Pinterest.