Whether it’s a lazy Sunday or any other day of the week, what you wear at home need not be frumpy or unsightly. Nor does it have to be uncomfortable, for that matter! From Netflix binge watching on the sofa to running errands around town, it’s now totally acceptable to wear your effortless silk kimono jackets + cool palazzo pants in public. Come again? Besides the convenience factor, it’s almost guaranteed that you’ll be making a sartorial statement simply by owning your off-duty look. Check out these 19 loungewear options that are so chic (and comfy) that it’s safe to say you’ll never want to take them off. No embarrassing cartoon-printed jammies here!
1. J.Crew Collection Velvet Pajama Pant ($100): These are not your everyday pjs, people! Besides the striking lavender hue, these velvet stunners will take you from a day of lounging to working that corporate grind just like that. Throw on a gingham button-down and some power pumps and you’ll be in business.
2. Pixie Market By the Sea Printed Shirt Dress ($54): This whimsical sea printed shirt dress is giving us all major sleepover envy over here. The good news: It can be expertly styled with a longline cardigan and a turban headband for a leisurely afternoon at the park.
3. Kimono Sleeve Jumpsuit ($140): Silky kimono jumpsuits do exist — and we could not be happier. Channel your inner Sasha Fierce by rockin’ this showstopper to the grocery store — or even a fall gala — with as much panache as you got.
4. J.Crew Silk Cami ($60): Say hello to the silk cami that you’ll inevitably be pairing with everything this season. No joke! Whether styled with a fringed kimono cardigan or slipped into a pencil skirt for an impromptu work meeting, the sartorial options are endless.
5. River Island Palazzo Pant ($63): These silky khaki-colored palazzo pants are goin’ places. While you could certainly wear them for a girls’ night in, they’d be just as en vogue exploring the streets of Rome.
6. Out From Under Henley Top ($29): For a comfy companion to all of your flannel pajama bottoms, look no further. This bright orange henley top will appear just as polished tucked into a pair of skinny jeans.
7. Monrow ‘Paris’ Sweatshirt ($158): Channel your inner little French girl with a sweatshirt that says it all. This chic gray pullover can be paired with plain ol’ leggings or black skinny jeans for a no-nonsense weekend look.
8. Topshop Rose Print Pajama Jumpsuit ($58): Not only are jumpsuits the epitome of stay-at-home comfort, but they’re also the safest bet in the book when it comes to finding something to wear on date night. Accessorize this floral playsuit with some dazzling chandelier earrings and a sleek updo for a fun night on the town.
9. Selected Blue Kimono ($41 on SALE): This true blue kimono with a tie waist is just as effortless + easy-breezy as it looks. Add in some leather pants or a pair of boyfriend jeans and you’ve got one uber stylish #OOTD on your hands.
10. Zara Striped Shirt with Kimono Sleeves ($36): This classic striped button-down in Hamptons blue is just the thing to wear when you want to look put-together without trying too hard. For a quick switcheroo, swap out the joggers for a streamlined pair of trousers and you’re ready for the office.
11. Lavish Alice Star Print Kimono ($77): Nothing says sweet dreams like a star printed kimono that can also double up as a polished topper when walking your pooch around the neighborhood. Just throw on a silk cami and some boho flares to complete your morning look.
12. Forever 21 Pocket Tank ($16): Oversized pocket tanks FTW! Besides sleeping in this ultra soft navy top, it also plays nicely with leggings and boyfriend-style cardigans. Suede boots and marled socks are obligatory for this laid-back ensemble with a sartorial edge.
13. COS Jumper With Low Back ($45 on SALE): Start #sweaterweather off right with the rose pink pullover of your dreams. The super relaxed fit, scoop back and colorblock hem make this layering essential a cozy option on yoga mornings.
14. Sleepy Jones Leigh Night Shirt ($97 on sale): Go ahead and join Sleepy Jones’ “movement of non-movement” with this menswear-inspired night shirt that calls for an extra shot of espresso as you conquer your morning to-do list.
15. Argaman & Defiance Naturally Dyed Kimono ($225): Treat yo’self to a pampering sesh at home with this beautiful ombre kimono. Venture out in the real world by wrapping this topper over a ribbed crop top and denim cutoffs.
16. Free People Brooklyn Baby Pullover ($108): This Free People marled pullover is so comfortable that it should be illegal. On mornings when you can’t even, you can slip this guy on with some ankle boots and a wide brim hat for an incognito style.
17. Somedays Lovin The Silence Knit Poncho ($129): Forget the fleece Snuggie: THIS is the oversized poncho that you need to be cozying up to on rainy days spent inside. Pair this blanket in disguise with a black jumpsuit during the morning hours before changing it up with a t-shirt, jeans and ankle boots for an afternoon of running errands.
18. Amuse Society Charley Legging ($120): Fact: Sequined leggings always make you feel 10 times more productive. Rise and shine with the sunset by pairing these shimmering bottoms with a chambray shirt and fisherman sweater.
19. Zara Velvet Kimono ($70): You can now live the life of luxury thanks to this velvet kimono in an autumnal shade of golden yellow. Perfect for traveling (or just chilling on the couch), it can be paired with anything from a LBD to distressed jeans. Sign us up.
Will you be trying any of these leisurewear options for your next coffee run? Let us know in the comments below!