Kids are back to school and work is ramping up. But before the depression sets in, fear not, because the kickoff to the football season is almost here! Are you tailgate-ready? Even if you’re not invested in which team dominates, you can at least make your weekends about spending time with friends, eating too much fried food, and — most importantly — looking cute. Yep, it’s time to pull out the cozy clothes and show some team spirit!
1. Victoria’s Secret Pink Lace-Up Campus Crew ($65): ICYMI, Victoria’s Secret has been teaming up with universities for a few seasons now. If you ever thought “Why doesn’t my school make cute game-day apparel that actually fits a woman?” you’re in luck. You’ll find a number of pieces per college, like this lace-up Syracuse top, so you’ll be set for the season.
2. Gap Mid Rise Easy Jeggings ($36): Chances are if you’re home on the couch, you’ll be in some version of sweats. But venturing out to the stadium or a friend’s party? Opt for stretchy jeans. They’re easy to move in when you’re jumping around and make you look good while doing it.
3. Draper James Spirit Mittens ($45): Leave it to Reese Witherspoon to design the perfect tailgate-worthy items. Football season is practically a religion in the South, after all. Scoop up these bright mittens and add some serious cheer to your spirit fingers — who could miss you in the crowd?!
4. BB Dakota Eldridge Oversize Buffalo Check Shirt Jacket ($146): What’s more fall than a flannel plaid topper? Keep this tied around your waist for cool-girl vibes — then throw it on when you get chilly.
5. Michael Stars Suddenly Suede Baseball Hat ($42): You’re a stylish girl — kick things up a notch with a fashionable take on the baseball cap. The mix of suede and leather on this version will give your sporty look some edge.
6. Policy Handbags The Collette ($88): Heading inside the stadium? Since new safety regulations in many locations require anything larger than a clutch be see-through, you’re going to need this option.
7. 1One Crafty Momma Game Day Shirt ($23): This super-soft tee says it all. Layer it under your chunky sweater and ripped jeans for an effortless weekend outfit.
8. MICHAEL Michael Kors Crosby Booties ($160): Leave the sneaks at home and opt for warm yet chic booties. This go-with-everything pair will keep your toes toasty while giving your #OOTD that elevated feel in an instant.
9. A.P.C. Echarpe Polska Scarf ($190): An oversized scarf is a must when the weather cools down. Wrap this plush number around you outside at the game or lay it over you like a blanket from the comfort of your couch.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.