Still Cold? 14 Stylish Winter Accessories to Keep You Warm Until Spring
While your brain might be starting to creep into spring mode, it’s likely you haven’t seen the last of the cold weather just yet. That means you’ll be rockin’ those winter layers a little bit longer (cue the heavy sighs). The pre-spring period is prime time for winter fashion fatigue to set in, meaning all your favorite cozy knits, oversized scarves and beanies might suddenly feel a little, well, meh. A stint in the tropics would be the ultimate cure-all, but if your wallet and available vacation time won’t allow it, look to the next best thing — a few new accessories that will keep you warm and your style at its best straight through to spring. Combat the end-of-season blues with one of these 14 chic, cold weather add-ons.
1. Richer Poorer Reef Socks ($12): If you’re itching to start showing off your latest spring steppers, a pair of personality-packed socks is so key — icy toes are anything but chic. This color-blocked set will certainly do the trick. Slip ’em into pastel mules or a sweet pair of Mary Jane clogs.
2. Reason Soft Ribbed Beanie ($24): Deal with winter without feeling like you’re totally committing to months of bleak weather with a blush beanie that screams spring. Let the rest of your accessories follow its next-season vibes by reaching for exaggerated cat eye sunnies and bright floral baubles.
3. Buxom Full-On Lip Cream ($20): Give lips the space heater treatment with a tinted plumper that injects that warming tingle into your pout while amping it up with a little color. Grab one in a transitional shade like this bright berry so you can wear it as the weather heats up.
4. Wool and the Gang Lil’ Indiana Joe ($175): Whether you stitch it up on your own or nab it ready-made, this fringe knit vest will straight-up slay. Wear it to work with a printed button-down tunic and statement necklace or integrate it into your weekend wardrobe with cropped flares, a crewneck sweater and punchy pink lipstick.
Sperry for J.Crew Shearwater Short Pull-On Bootso warm shearling-lined uppers. And don’t worry — they’re not all business and no fun. Vibrant yellow soles inject a dose of playfulness into the otherwise dutiful design.
6. Coach Star Studded Leather Glove ($83): Swap out knitted mittens for buttery leather, star rivets and studs that will take your digits straight into DDG territory. Going hand-in-hand with a long belted coat and menswear-inspired flats, these glam gloves can do no wrong.
ASOS Jacquard Extra Fluffy Long Scarfthe cold-weather wardrobe essential every girl needs. This super soft number feels fit for spring with its shades of pastel pink, but it’ll take on winter’s biting winds like whoa.
8. & Other Stories Felt Cap ($28): Fedoras and floppy hats have been your go-to toppers all season long, but this ruby red cap is about to change all that. It’s guaranteed to take faux fur coats, puffers and chunky knits alike to new sartorial heights with its boyish charm.
9. BCBG McKenzie Color Blocked Poncho ($198): Ponchos are basically a straight shot to chic, making them indispensable for lazy girls everywhere. The best part? Their wear-to-work potential. For an elevated (and incredibly comfy) office ensemble, toss it over a turtleneck and leather-look culottes, then polish it off with a sleek metal belt.
10. ASOS Black Metal Circle Suede Waist Belt ($18): Everything is better with a belt. While you can score some sweet deals on winter coats right now, all you need is a statement belt to make your everyday outerwear feel like new, meaning you can save that hard-earned cash (and space in your closet) for sick new-season duds.
11. Zara Flat Leather Slipper Shoes ($70): Barefoot? Please. Not when cold temps come a-callin’. Keep feet comfy, cozy and incredibly chic with fuzzy slippers in a sleek, of-the-moment silhouette. While the styling possibilities are endless, cashmere socks and a turtleneck and robe jacket pairing feel right in line with their luxe-yet-laid-back vibes.
12. Adlina Faux Oversized Colour Block Pull Through Scarf ($100): Accepting a few more weeks of biting cold weather becomes a whole lot more bearable when you have a swoon-inducing scarf like this on standby. DO style it with a long boyfriend coat and flatform oxfords.
13. Eis Forbidden City Kimono ($168): Staying warm while curating an impeccable spring wardrobe at the same time is totally possible when you scoop up a femme floral kimono. Layer it over your snuggliest layers now (wooly socks included), then toss it on top of a simple crocheted cami and cut-off shorts once the temps start to rise.