15 Stylish Winter Outfits to Inspire You Now
Sorry to be the bearers of bad news, but winter isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, which means it’s time to break the mold and go beyond your standard all-weather boots, puffer coats and cashmere sweats (swoon). Hibernation is for bears — not your fine-tuned style sensibilities. Got it? We’ve already shown you how to turn up the heat on your winter work outfits, and now we’re setting our sights on your off-duty duds with the help of 15 Instababes who know what’s up when it comes to cold weather dressing. Expect to find winter weather essentials with a RN edge and pro-level layering that are guaranteed to earn you a few nods of acknowledgment from the trendsetting crowd.
1. Bold Blazers FTW: Can’t stop, won’t stop busting out our funkiest essentials once winter’s doom and gloom vibes are out in force. Do like this Instababe and liven up classic jeans and a snuggly turtleneck with a pattern-happy blazer, metallic ankle boots and a furry bag for an afternoon spent boutique hopping or sipping a hot toddy at a cozy corner pub.
2. Puffed Up and Ready to Go: Stop it right now. If you’ve been questioning the virtues of your trusty quilted topper, allow Zina’s sartorial know-how restore your faith in this cozy winter standby. By styling it up off-the-shoulder style to reveal a chic knit, it takes on a totally new (read: street style-approved) ‘tude. Bust this one out come date night, when it’s cold AF but you still want to knock bae’s socks off.
3. Folklore Fabulous: This getup feels straight-up out of a storybook — it’s that good. In lieu of sharp lines and neutral hues, there’s something to be said about bundling up in warm earth tones and separates laced with vintage charm. This is mostly definitely Jane Aldridge’s area of expertise, and we can’t stop staring at her latest #OOTD masterpiece. Everything from her shearling-trimmed suede coat to her floral midi dress and patent leather boots have us swooning hard. The only thing missing? Good company, a roaring fire and piping hot mugs of mulled cider.
4. Pro Layers: She’s done it again. Frigid temps have a tendency to suck the fun out of wintertime dressing, but as Ada demonstrates, it’s nothing a little color intervention can’t fix. Vibrant socks layered over tights give strappy sandals a cool weather makeover, while high shine metallics paired with a snappy striped sweater ensure an everyday ensemble is anything but boring.
5. ’70s Chic: Throwback vibes are still going strong, as this Instababe’s effortless getup demonstrates. A short teddy jacket and fiery red block-heeled ankle boots are a winning combination for all your weekend shenanigans. Just add raw edge denim, a messy topknot and structured bag.
6. A Scene-Stealing Faux Fur Coat: Let’s just stop for a second and bask in this #OOTD’s undeniable glory. Slick shades and a faux fur coat turn up the heat like WHOA on an otherwise ordinary tee-and-jeans combo. Dig it? Us too.
7. Plaid Slip and an Oversized Sweater: Will the slip dress ever get old? We’re going to venture a no — the styling opportunities are just too good to pass up. Here, Mery Seng gives a perfectly plaid option the wintertime treatment with an oversized sweater, studded ankle boots and a snuggly scarf. We definitely don’t hate it. Add this one to your list of cold weather looks to try stat.
8. Shimmery Knit Set: Glitter-flecked knits? Don’t mind if we do! Since leaving the house in your Sunday not-so-best isn’t exactly an option, souped-up sweaters and cashmere trousers are the next best thing. Score a set like Erika Boldrin’s and you’ll be well equipped to kick it all cozy like, whether you’re holdin’ it down at home or schmoozing like a socialite at the bar.
9. Longline Knit and OTK Boots: #slayallday. Equal parts sultry and sophisticated, Paola’s OTK boot, skater skirt and turtleneck uniform is the no-nonsense look you need in your life. Whether you’re hitting up a poetry slam or dishing over matcha lattes with your crew, it’s guaranteed to win you all the style points this season.
10. Urban Après Ski: Even if you’re not hitting the slopes this season, you can still get in on the action by enlisting the help of sporty separates a la Linda Tol. Team black overalls with a chunky rib knit, athletic kicks and a statement puffer jacket for a getup that’s worthy of gold. Don’t even think about heading out the door without a pair of iconic aviators in tow.
11. Blankets, Baby: When all else fails, put a blanket on it. Since the vibrant colors alone likely won’t be able to protect you from the cold, consider throwing a lightweight down jacket underneath (no one has to know!).
12. Leopard Print Coats and Micro Bags: When your lived-in sweater and raw edge jeans start to feel, well, meh, dial ‘em up to an 11 with the help of a leopard print coat and statement mini bag. The combo brings a hint of cool-girl flair to any ensemble, no fuss or effort needed. Now there’s an idea both lazy girls and modern muses can get behind.
13. Western Coatigans and Cropped Flares: This Instababe’s free-wheelin’ ensemble is giving us all the feels. When your go-to puffer is just too much, toss on a cozy coatigan, your snuggliest sweater and brown ankle boots. A saddle bag and round sunnies are key for establishing a laid-back ’70s-inspired look that is so RN.
14. Crocheted Cardigan and Slides: Longline crocheted cardigan? Check. Essential ankle jeans and basic turtleneck duo? Check. It girl-approved slide and a glam Gucci belt? Now you’re talking. Best believe we’ll be replicating this head-to-toe look ASAP. Karen gets us every. Single. Time.
15. Playful Pastels: Sometimes you just need to take a step away from your all-black-errthang routine and embrace bright color. If neon and jewel tones aren’t your speed, take a note out of Anh’s style book and add a pastel pink coat to the mix. The color is subtle, but there’s no way you’ll be flying under the radar with this baby in tow. Send the ladylike vibes into overdrive by teaming it with a gilded arm party and a flirty ruffle-trimmed blouse.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!