Succulent Hair Is the Latest Instagram Trend You Never Saw Coming
Inspiration for the latest hair and makeup trends can come from the unlikeliest of places (ahem, Lisa Frank), and that has never been truer than this season. This fall, nature-inspired beauty has surfaced on our radar, and it has us both confused and impressed. Case in point — succulent hair. This trend is a nature-loving beauty guru’s dream come true, offering up rich gem-toned hues and gradient-like effects that mimic your fave plants. Even though you’re probably just wrapping your head around succulent manis, we say go bold or go home with this omg-worthy trend — because this is one plant you don’t have to worry about keeping alive. Here are nine succulent hairstyles to feast your eyes on.
1. Peek-a-Boo Pink: Add a dose of dimension to your luscious green locks by incorporating bubblegum pink in the layers of your mane. Curl your strands to create a gorgeous cascading effect.
2. Spirals: If you prefer to keep your natural locks intact, opt to color the tips of your strands with tried-and-true succulent plant colors. While this style looks great with curls, feel free to straighten your locks for a silky style that’s sure to impress.
3. Inverted Rose: Let your succulent hair shine in this epic twisted updo. This hairstyle adds dimension in all the right places courtesy of interwoven strands of teal, purple and pink.
4. Bold Highlights: Take your strands from oh-so boring to sultry AF with this muted gem-colored style. This version of the Insta-trend is an ideal way to upgrade your grombré for the holiday season. Pair it with a pink pout or a fierce cat-eye to take the look into bold and glamorous territory.
5. Low Braided Bun: Yaasss kween! Nothing beats this messy yet chic braided bun, especially when it’s decked out in hues of lilac and teal for an effect that plays into the colorful charm of succulent plants.
6. Silky Straight: Um, yes and yes to all of this silky goodness. Keep your roots dark and layer in subtle shades of green, lavender and aquamarine to bring a little succulent sass to your look. Keep those tips frizz-free by adding a healthy amount of hair serum for good measure.
7. High Pony: If curly hair is your thang, you have to give this high-voltage pony a shot. Carefully separate your hair into a half-up pony and curl the rest of your locks. Lightly run your fingers through the curls for an effortless look that breaks up the sections of gorgeous color.
8. Short Cut: Just because you have short strands doesn’t mean you can’t rock this insanely original hair color from your go-to low-key plant. Start with an ash blonde or platinum base, then layer natural dye colors to prevent damage on your cropped ‘do.
9. Pink and Green: This is the look that’s all over Instagram, and we can totally see why. Any stylist who’s creative enough to take inspiration from such an unassuming plant deserves major credit in our book.
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.