How to Make Suicide Squad’s The Joker Costume for Halloween
Most well known for his role opposite Batman, The Joker is a despicable, deranged comic book villain we all love to hate (and Harley Quinn loves to lurve). Back in action for upcoming superhero movie Suicide Squad, The Joker is at it again trying to destroy the world. (Kind of a one-trick pony, right?) We are obsessed with ALL of the costume design for this flick, so in true B+C spirit, we’re recreating a few looks for our favorite dress-up day: Halloween. We’ve got a Harley Quinn costume tutorial on the site already, so today we’re going to teach you how to make her BF’s ‘fit. For those of you who like to look scary on Halloween, this is the perfect costume for you. It’s totally creepy! Read on for the step-by-step.
Thanks to UX Designer Zane for doing The Joker justice.
<br/>— maroon dress shirt
— black slacks
— black dress shoes
This look is mostly about the makeup, so make sure to give yourself plenty of time for that part! I recommend doing the makeup first, then getting dressed so the makeup doesn’t get all over the pants.
Hair: Slick hair back with pomade, then spray hair white to create a foundation so the neon green shows on top. Once the white is dry, then spray the neon green over to fully coat. Wipe any drippage off of your face.
How to Do Joker’s Hair, Face Makeup + Body Makeup
Face + Body Makeup:
1. Start off by using white makeup and a wet beauty blender to sponge a thick layer of white makeup on your face, neck and body.
2. Set with translucent powder so the makeup won’t smear through the next steps. Take your time applying dark circles around your eyes with the black, grey and lavender paint.
3. Copy the lines on The Joker’s face with the fine paint brush in deep red and the “J” under his left eye with black.
4. Apply a deep red lip and write “Damaged” in the middle of your forehead right under your widows peak.
5. Have fun painting the “Ha Ha Ha’s” on your left arm — they don’t have to be perfect. I found that the faster I did them and the less I tried to make them perfect, the better they came out.
6. Eyeball the drawings and words on his chest and arms as best you can. This can take a good amount of time, depending on your skill set.
Now put on your outfit and channel Jared Leto’s creepy commitment to this character! Zane had an *instant* personality change. Wow… just WOW.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)