The Best Lightweight Activewear for Every Kind of Summer Workout
We’re here to help you look and feel your best while getting your summer sweat on. No matter your workout of choice — whether it’s deep relaxation and stretching, high-intensity circuit training, or cycling — finding the most stylish *and* practical activewear is half the battle. Scroll on for a look at athleisure and performance wear, ideal for every kind of summer workout.
1. Kickboxing: Kick butt and take names in the Year Of Ours Corset Bra ($75) and Racer Legging ($106) — designed to support you when you’re at your most aggressively active. We love the lace-up detailing and the racing stripes of this dynamic duo and highly recommend trying ’em out for your next hook, jab, and front kick.
2. Barre: Point, tuck, and plié your way to every graceful ballet pose in the Girlfriend Collective Margot Wrap ($38). This lightweight sheer top is made from sustainable cupro (a cellulose fiber made from cotton waste) and stylishly transitions your summer ‘fit from barre to barbeque.
3. Yoga: Whether you’re downward dogging, wild thinging, or crescent lunging, finding your pranayama breath will be a breeze in the Define Your Inspiration Criss Cross Bra ($45) and Take Control Tight ($88). Both are sweat wicking and feature four-way stretch for extra ease into every twist and bend this summer.
4. Pilates: Versatile and functional, the super-stylin’ and affordable H&M Sports Tight ($25) features a wide ribbed waistband to keep that tummy tamed whether you’re on the mat or the reformer. Two-toned pink stripes are just the colorful pep to your motivated step and are sure to help you work just a little harder on that core strength.
5. Spinning: No matter how much resistance you encounter on that bike, the Noli Vixen Bra ($54) and Jordyn Legging ($92) will keep secure while you cycle your little heart out. You’ll feel hot and look even hotter in this durably stylish pairing that’s made for high-impact workouts. Ride, baby, ride!
6. Crossfit: AMRAP your way to a personal best in the LIVE THE PROCESS Cutout Unitard Jumpsuit ($218) — an athletic one-piece that’s absolutely the ultimate workout piece for anyone who loves box jumps and burpees. Made from performance jersey and featuring a statement-making front cutout, the jumpsuit upgrades one of our fave summer trends.
7. Jogging: If you’re feeling especially lazy but in need of some movement it’s def time for a light jog. Laid-back girls can unite in the simple transition from sofa to sidewalk in the Serena Williams Contour Me Moto Short ($80) paired with your go-to tank or sports bra on steaming afternoons. This quintessential low-impact, workout short is spot-on when you want to move between your favorite summer activities sans outfit change.
8. Dance: Taking a Zumba, hip-hop, or salsa class might be the best way to get sweatin’ without even noticing! Opt for roomier bottoms like the Spiritual Gangster Harem Pant ($68) that are comfy, luxuriously soft, and great for getting groovy. Shake it like a Polaroid picture.
9. HIIT: AKA High-Intensity Interval Training is no joke. Get your heart rate up without sacrificing style in head-to-toe white workout wear. You’ll feel extra protected in the breathable and sweat-wicking Outdoor Voices Tech Sweat 3/4 Legging ($75) and Tech Sweat Crop ($45) — so you can focus less on sweat stains and more on burning calories. Bring that next Tabata on.
10. Running: You don’t have to be training for a half marathon (or even a 5K!) to just really love running. It’s totally free, you can literally do it anywhere (summer beach jogs are the best), and there’s plenty of really cute running garb out there. Take the brand new and super sleek Lululemon Athletica Speed Up Short ($58), now with a higher rise and shorter cut so you can move faster *and* look pretty in pink.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspiration!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.