Whether you’re feeling it at work, at home, or just as a general sense of anxiety every day, stress can be hard to beat. Many people have found great treatment to help manage it through a doctor or therapist, but there are also a ton of ways to help yourself keep tension in check. Aromatherapy has been found to help many worriers out there to relax and unwind through the power of herbs and scents like lavender, chamomile, and patchouli. And the best news is that you can do aromatherapy practically anywhere, from your daily shower to simply sitting at your desk. Try out some of these soothing products to feel your strain melt away.
1. ArtNaturals Aromatherapy Top 8 Essential Oils ($15): If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to essential oils, this pack of scents is a good place to start. Over 3,000 people on Amazon agreed that they’re ideal to drop into a humidifier or melt on a burner.
2. URPOWER Essential Oil Diffuser ($40): Once you’ve picked out your favorite oils, you need a way to distribute them, and this cool mist humidifier is one of the top sellers on Amazon for good reason. You can drop in your favorite essential oils to fill your home with delicate scents as it adds moisture to the air, and you can even change its color to complement your decor.
3. Blomus Cino Aromatherapy Burner ($41): Of course, not everyone loves a humidifier. Whether you’re already living in a humid area, you’d rather not worry about needing to place near an outlet, or you just prefer meltable waxes over oils, this burner will look gorgeous in any room.
4. This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray ($29): If you’re tossing and turning all night, perhaps you should start your evening by breathing in some lavender and patchouli. This light spray won’t overpower your senses, so you can fall asleep more easily and wake up feeling rested.
5. Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Gel ($39): Stress can often cause muscle tightness anywhere on the body, depending on where you hold your tension. Whether it’s after a long, arduous day at the office or a strenuous workout, you can rub on this rosemary and black pepper gel that works deeply to untie those knots.
6. Aesop Ginger Flight Therapy ($31): Sometimes jet lag just can’t be avoided, but you can keep your energy up so you can enjoy your journey with a bit of orange and ginger oil. When your plane lands, dab on some of this spot treatment to refresh yourself — just in time to grab your bags and head out for your latest adventure.
7. Origins Peace of Mind On-the-Spot Relief ($14): Anxiety is sneaky: It can strike at any moment. That’s why some on-demand treatment can be an irreplaceable tool to help you get through your day. This relieving cream works on your temples, neck, and earlobes to soothe nervousness (and can be good for tension headaches too).
8. Happy Wraps Herbal Neck Wrap ($50): At the end of the day, let your neck muscles finally rest by supporting and soothing them with a warm, cozy neck wrap. This silky neck pillow and matching eye pillow are microwavable and contain a blend of herbs (including lavender) to help release all that tightness. If you find cold more soothing, you can freeze the pillows instead of microwaving them.
9. Dr. Teal’s Therapeutic Solutions Epsom Salt Soaking Solution ($6): A jumbo bag of Epsom salt may not seem like the height of luxury, but if you’re someone who walks or stands all day, soaking your feet in this solution feels downright ahh-mazing. Pro tip: Soaking your feet is also a good way to prep them before a deeper massage, especially if you’re using a ball massager.
10. Urb Apothecary Green Tea Serum ($20): This light serum with a herby-floral scent is packed with antioxidants and hemp seed oil to help protect your skin from the sun’s rays and showing signs of aging. Dab it on and give yourself a nice facial massage to feel rejuvenated first thing in the morning.
11. Malouf Z-Zoned Dough Chamomile Infused Memory Foam Pillow ($38): Laying your head on this pillow is like drinking a soothing cup of chamomile tea in the evening. Its sweet tea scent will send you off to dreamland while its structure ensures your head is supported all night long. You might want to replace every pillow in the house once you try this baby.
12. Florapy Stress Relief Sheet Mask ($8): Nothing comforts at the end of the day like a sheet mask. Just smooth it on your face, sit back, breathe deep, and wait for the oils to take all your cares away. Thanks to their blend of herbs, these masks are particularly formulated for fighting stress. But if patchouli isn’t your thing, there are plenty of others to choose from, like the Sweet Dreams mask with lavender and yarrow.
Do you have any recommendations for soothing aromatherapy products? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.