The 17 Most On-Trend Clutches of the Summer
We have a thing for bags. Chic carryalls, modern cross body bags, killer boho weekenders, we love them all. And since spring has sprung, an influx of cutesy accessories have bloomed. Spotted on the spring/summer 2014 catwalks (aka sidewalks), the clutch is the must-have accessory of the moment, so bid farewell to your winter totes and pick up this season’s hottest wardrobe addition.
1. Mother-of-Pearl Box Clutch ($398): Who needs another basic bag? Instead opt for this Lucite-box clutch made of mother-of-pearl. Perfectly sized to carry your essentials, the box clutch is set to be big this season.
2. Brianna Box Clutch ($108): Add a splash of color to your wardrobe. Designed with a boxy shape and a top clasp fastening, this clutch can be dressed up or down with an optional chain strap for versatility.
3. Floral Printed Clutch ($44): With an all-over striking print and a gold zipper, these clean, crisp lines leave plenty of room for your evening essentials. Tropical, yet understated, this canvas day bag will add just enough interest to an effortless city chic look.
4. Beaded Box Clutch ($80): Featuring opulent patterns of beautifully reflective sequins and beads in silver and ivory, this bedazzled clutch adds a nice touch to your inner artist.
5. Mar Y Sol ($95): Bring island life straight to you with a chic twist. Whether strolling on the white sandy beaches of St. Barths or having a tente pie on the coast of Spain, this little gem is sure to turn heads.
6. Via Limoni Lina by Kate Spade ($243): Just another celebration of eye popping colors by Kate Spade. Bite into this smile-inducing adorable day clutch, made with sparkly seeds and 14-karat light gold plated hardware. This little carry-along has just enough room for the essentials with a hidden snake chain for comfort.
7. Nikki in Island Love ($194): Embrace the exotic look and feel of the Caribbean — beautiful sunsets, cool breezes and lively colors all in the palm of your hand.
8. Kaleidoscope Clutch ($148): The rich hues and textures of this sequined patterned clutch blends Belgian heritage and style with more than a bit of color, adding a twist on everyday clothing.
9. Patent Leather Clutch ($78): Minimalist glamour with a streamlined envelope finish — like the little black dress, the little black clutch is an essential closet staple.
10. Victoria Beckham Two Tone Leather Clutch ($650): Stay in line with the season’s minimalist mood. Store your iPad in the large internal compartment, slipping cards and keys into the other. We would totally rock this for after work drinks or dinner when wearing a pencil skirt and heels.
11. Paris House Envelope Clutch ($286): City chic with a boho tweak, express your witty sense of humor with this classy sassy buttery soft leather clutch. Perfect for window shopping through boutiques or spending a relaxing evening sipping cocktails.
12. Lindavista Clutch ($98): Inspired by vintage America, cowboy tooled and tanned leather makes for a rugged, adorned and practical clutch that evokes an upscale-down-home feel.
13. Color Block Minaudiere ($29): Bigger isn’t better. This evening mini says classic sophistication with a burst of colorful energy.
14. Bleeker Clutch in Edgepaint Leather ($228): The look of a leather portfolio with a striking graphic effect, this slender handheld’s front flap has a zip pocket for added security.
15. Natural Straw Clutch ($128) Whether strolling on long open beaches or rendezvousing for Sunday brunch, blend this all-natural straw clutch with any color or pattern.
16. Binichic Barcelona ($460): Classic with delicate patterns, this ultra-slim clutch carefully combines the versatility of a time-honored wallet while also lending to enough space for the essentials. The stainless brass chain is detachable for an understated look.
17. Large Portfolio Clutch ($360): Here you have it. This season’s oversized clutch is matched with the quintessentially Lulu Guinness lips motif. This zany piece is perfect for taking to a meeting or out for a night on the town.
Which clutch are you lusting after? Let us know in the comments below!