Date night summer edition calls for something chic, fun and a little unexpected. And for us that means bright colors, bold prints and non-traditional silhouettes paired with a few statement-making accessories. Because warm weather means a little more skin and a lot more color. Whether you’re aiming for long chats over coffee or hanging at sophisticated rooftop soirees, here are seven #OOTDs to inspire your next date night (or day) ensemble.
1. @b_soup: For us, summer is all about embracing bright colors and funky prints, so the ultimate date-night getup is one that combines both of these eye-catching elements while showing off a little leg (because why not?). Pair it up with a few look-at-me accoutrements and you’ve got one seriously statement-making ensemble. (via @b_soup)
2. @igobyfrankie: Break away from the standard dress and add a polished printed jumpsuit into the mix. Go for a structured silhouette to infuse your outfit with some serious refinement, then pair it with bold accessories like chunky heels and a funky, oversized clutch that packs plenty of personality. (via @igobyfrankie)
3. @collagevintage: We could live in maxis all summer long (and we practically do). Not only are they super comfortable, they’re incredibly versatile too. To elevate yours to evening-out status, elegant accessories like a pair of sassy pumps, a metallic belt and structured clutch are key. (via @collagevintage)
4. @carriebradshawlied: Take your culottes beyond their off-duty duties with a coordinating top, sleek metallic heels and a tailored jacket. This is one getup that’s definitely made for dancing. (via @carriebradshawlied)
5. @juliahengel: A flattering A-line silhouette, lightweight fabric and flirty ruffles make this off-the-shoulder number a true date night classic. Up the look’s romance factor with a loose side-swept fishtail, glowing skin and a pink lip. (via @juliahengel)
6. @rantiinreview: If you’re looking for a new way to wear your favorite summer frock, layering is most certainly the answer. Take a classic white tee and toss it on under a vibrant strapless dress to create a totally new and unexpected look. (via @rantiinreview)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.