5 Easy Nail-Art Kits So You Can Skip the Salon
You’ve been eyeing those summery nail art ‘grams this season, but when it comes to creating your own mini-masterpieces, you tend to keep things rather basic. Maybe it’s laziness or just a fear of falling short of professional-level results, but something has been keeping your designs snooze-worthy. Luckily, these summer-themed nail art kits make it easy to look like you’ve spent hours at the salon. Ranging from decals you pop on to all-in-ones for creating beautiful textures and shaded looks, these easy-to-use projects are the key to summer nail magic. Check out the latest in easy- breezy digit designs you can do at home.
1. Young Nails Caption Sky’s The Limit Ombré Kit ($15): Channel seaside getaways and oceanfront views with all the beautiful blue shades of summer in this ombré kit. The intensely pigmented hues and lacquer technology create a mirror shine and gel-like mani without any bubbles. Brush over the lighter color with quick strokes. The formula dries 3X faster than regular polish, so you’ll have salon results in less time than it takes to make an appointment.
2. Coconut Nail Art by Incoco Nail Polish Strips, Sweet Style ($5): These sweet-looking strips are not only effortless (peel, stick, and repeat!), they also cost less than a regular salon mani. Made with 100 percent real polish, the strips combine top, color, and base coats and come off with remover.
3. Sally Hansen Salon Neon Glow In The Dark Appliques ($8): Let your hands do the talking with this new glow decal kit that goes on top of your typical polish. Choose from 22 appliques to create your own custom message. When it gets dark, your message pops up — no charging required.
4. China Glaze Under The Cabana 2-Piece Kit ($10): Take your summer mani to epic levels with a pool-inspired kit that has jewel-like decals in gold and silver. Decorate each or alternate with a few solid nails mixed in. Either way, it’s a dazzling, rich look that pairs well with a bikini.
5. Cina Nail Creations Dotting Marbleizing Tool Kit ($11): Bring out your inner Picasso and create a marbled masterpiece, floral pattern, or polka dots. This five-piece kit features different-sized metal tips that you simply dip in your polish, dot on your nail, or use to drag wet lacquer into a design. Voila — the precise tool ensures you have an artistic picture every time.
Do you have any nail art creations you love? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Sally Hansen)