14 Blankets to Help You Picnic like a Pro
As much as we love spending our summertime on patios and rooftops, we can never resist grabbing our gal pals (and our favorite rosé) and kicking it picnic-style. And TBH, the most fun we have is finding the perfect picnic blanket! Naturally we couldn’t narrow it down too much, but we just had to share 14 of our very favorites. Bonus: You can totally DIY some of these.
If you already have a blanket that needs a little sprucing up, pull out your embroidery needles and get to stitchin’. (via Lovely Indeed)
2. Alite Meadow Picnic Mat ($39): This picnic blanket immediately caught our eye. We’re totally obsessed with the bright graphic prints and its convenient roll-right-up functionality.
Even if you’re not a painting pro, this DIY looks like a cinch to complete. And the tiny little stars definitely have us adding “stargazing” at our summer to-do list. (via A Subtle Revelry)
5. Constellation Picnic Blanket ($180): And speaking of stargazing, this picnic blanket gives us the urge to plan a picnic for the late evening so we can spend some time finding all those constellations. Fun summer date idea, anyone?
6. Glacier National Park Blanket ($200): This Pendleton classic definitely gives us the summertime feels. Doesn’t it just remind you of summer cabins and campfires?
Not the best at sewing? No problem. This no-sew DIY is so simple to make, you’ll be finished and prepping your favorite picnic foods in no time. (via A Subtle Revelry)
8. Falsa Blanket ($39): We’re obsessed with these heavy-duty throws. They’re perfect for picnics, the beach, road trips… you name it!
When it comes to tassels, we’re firm believers that the bigger, the better. Indulge in your tassel love with this DIY; we have a feeling we’ll be using up our entire yarn collection on this one. (via A Pair and a Spare)
10. Hop Over to My Spot Picnic Blanket ($38): Heading out for an outdoor lunch with your gal pals? Take this bold bunny print blanket with you. Who knows, maybe you’ll see a real rabbit or two!
We can never turn down a good pattern, and this DIY combines our love for all things geometric, summery and handmade. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
This DIY is perfect for repurposing old sheets or quilts. Just pick a pattern, grab some painter’s tape and choose a color. (via Small Fry)
13. Kissing Squirrels Picnic Blanket ($57): We’re definitely digging this ode to our favorite summer critter. Take these lovey-dovey squirrels with you on your next summer picnic date.
We’re all about the summer totes, and this one transforms into a picnic blanket! Pack up your picnic essentials and roll it up when you’re done. (via Brit + Co)