14 Ways to Make Your Patio Pop With Color
Summer is on its way, and so are those hours spent out on the patio. You might be thinking about throwing a party, or relaxing with a cold lemonade and a book. Whatever your plans may be, we want to make sure your patio is ready to go. Reveling in color not only brightens the look, but also makes for an effortlessly festive setting. Read on for 14 fun and easy ways to transform your patio into a summer oasis.
2. Flower Pots: While you’re adding some plants to your patio, settle on a color scheme and apply it to your planters. Hang them on your patio fence for a uniformed look. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
6. DIY Table: If you’re looking for a fun way to add color and function, we’ve got your answer. There’s a cooler tucked inside of this ottoman, so your drinks will be ice cold while you’re hanging outside. (via Home Depot)
7. Table Cover: For all those summer dinner parties, just throw a colorful tablecloth over your table. Match the print on your tablecloth to the seat pillows for a pic you’ll want to Instagram right away. (via VOGUE México)
12. Stepping Stones: Let your inner artist come out and paint the stepping stones in your patio. They’ll add a personal touch, and will earn you bragging rights with your friends. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
13. Rocks: If you’re looking for a small yet powerful way to add color to your spot, you can spread these little pots with brightly colored rocks around your patio wherever color is needed. (via Jen Lauren Grant)
14. Color Palette: Once you’ve settled on a color palette, load up on the pillows and seats. You won’t want to leave this spot all summer long (except for those drink refills!). (via Better Homes and Gardens)
How are you planning to include color in your patio decor? Tell us in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!