14 Statement Pieces That Just Scream Summer
Ok sure, in theory we’re super into the idea of transitioning to a capsule wardrobe (AKA owning a limited number of basics you can wear all the time). But we also kind of love a good statement piece – or five. And what better time to embrace the silly side of style than in the most playful season of the year? If you’re looking for a super festive piece for that upcoming pool party, BBQ, music festival or trip to the grocery store, here are are 14 options that’ll definitely do the trick.
1. Popsicle Off-the-Shoulder Dress ($65): Whether the ice cream truck comes your way or not, wear this and you can definitely consider your day a win.
2. Summer Daisy Peg Pants ($40): Because sometimes jeans are just too stiff for that summer heat. Chill out in these botanical bottoms.
3. Nasty Gal Groove Line Crop Top ($68): Channel your inner Jackie Burkhart in this ’70s inspired top.
5. Floral Sunglasses ($23): Were those daisy-printed pants not enough for you? Step up for garden game in these fun sunnies.
6. Palm Beach Pouch ($48): Whether you’re actually headed to Palm Beach or you’re just making your way to a girl’s brunch, this silly clutch will put you in a total summer state of mind.
7. Tropical Print Harem Pant ($34): Because every outfit could use a little of tropical fun.
8. Keds Watermelon Sneakers ($50): Sure, you can eat your weight in watermelon this summer, but if you’re ready to take your addiction to the next level, don’t just eat it – wear it.
9. Blink Western Square Cropped Tee ($29): Need a comfy tee for that cross-country road trip? This should do the trick.
10. Jaws Tank Dress ($52): Still on a high from Shark Week? Prove your love for the king of ocean in this kitschy shift dress.
11. Lovers and Friends Jack Americana Flag Short ($138): Independence Day may have come and gone, but there’s never a bad time to partake in a little bit of patriotism.
12. Valfré Pencil Hat ($32): School may be out, but you still have to make sure to stay sharp.
13. Whiplash Neoprene Sandal ($155): Reminiscing over the Teva sandals of your youth? Give them a grown-up update in this pair of colorful platforms.
14. Crepe Crossback Jumpsuit ($86): Pop this on with some red lips and espadrilles and you’ll instantly take vacation style to a whole new level.
What’s your favorite pick from this list? Share with us in the comments below.