Sweet tooth? You’ve come to the right place! We teamed up with LAY’S® Wavy to dream up three crazy good dessert combos inspired by their Original and Cheddar Potato Chips. We highly recommend that you add these sweet and salty recipes to your to-make list ASAP!
Salted Chocolate Tart
Sweet, salty and oh-so chocolatey! This decadent tart is the perfect way to treat yo’ SELF.
– 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
– 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 15 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
– maldon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add flour, brown sugar, melted butter and chips to a food processor. Pulse until combined. Press into a greased tart shell and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
2. Bring heavy cream and granulated sugar to a simmer on the stove. Add butter and remove from heat. Pour cream mixture over chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Pour chocolate mixture into the baked tart shell.
3. Top with maldon flakes. Chill until set.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add flour, brown sugar, melted butter and chips to a food processor. Pulse until combined. Press into a greased tart shell and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
Bring heavy cream and granulated sugar to a simmer on the stove. Add butter and remove from heat. Pour cream mixture over chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Pour chocolate mixture into the baked tart shell. Top with maldon flakes. Chill until set.
Slice and enjoy!
Caramel apples are a delicious treat. Apples and cheddar cheese also makes the Yum Town list. Together in the form of a blondie, this dessert is off-the-charts delectable.
Caramel Apple Cheddar Chip Blondies
– 1/2 cup LAY’S® Wavy Cheddar Potato Chips, crumbled
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped and peeled
– 1 cup caramel baking bits
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a standing mixer, combine butter and sugar, and mix until creamy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time until combined. Add the vanilla.
4. Add in flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
5. Add your chopped apples and mix until blended. Fold in the caramel bits and LAY’S® Wavy Cheddar Potato Chips crumbs.
6. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let your blondies cool (we know it’s hard!) and cut into large squares.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside. In a standing mixer, combine butter and sugar, and mix until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time until combined. Add the vanilla. Add in flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
Peel and dice your Granny Smith apples.
Add your chopped apples and mix until blended. Fold in the caramel bits and LAY’S® Wavy Cheddar Potato Chips crumbs.
Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Warning: Your kitchen is going to smell incredible. Be prepared for loitering friends and family members :) Let your blondies cool and cut into large squares.
The perfect fall treat.
Even though summer is coming to an end, warm weather is here for a little while longer! Beat the heat with these indulgent layered popsicles. Your belly will thank you.
Layered Berry Popsicles
– 1 1/2 cup LAY’S® Wavy Original Potato Chips, crushed
– 3 1/2 cups honey Greek yogurt
– 3 cups fresh berries
– 3 tablespoons orange juice
– 1 tablespoon raw sugar
1. Add the berries, orange juice and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat and muddle the berries.
3. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and place in a heat-safe jar. Cool in the refrigerator until ready to use.
1. Add a layer of honey Greek yogurt to the popsicle molds.
2. Then add a layer of berry compote.
3. Add another layer of yogurt and then a layer of chips.
4. Continue adding layers in this order until the molds are full. Make sure the last layer is yogurt. Freeze until solid. Enjoy!
Start by making a simple compote. Add berries, sugar and orange juice to a sauce pan and then bring your compote to a boil. Reduce the heat and muddle your berries until you’ve got a thick consistency (about 10 minutes). Let the compote cool and then put it in a jar. If you don’t use all of the compote for your popsicles, save some for parfaits or toast!
Prepare your chip crumbs by placing a handful in a sealable bag. Crush them with your hand, a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin.
To make your popsicles, add your ingredients in layers. Start with a dollop of honey Greek yogurt. Then add a layer of compote. Scoop a second layer of yogurt, and then sprinkle in some chip crumbs. At this point, our popsicles were almost full, so we only added one more layer of yogurt. Keep filling yours until they reach the top. Be sure to finish with a layer of yogurt. When your molds are full, bang them on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles. Then place them in the freezer and serve when solid. Pro Tip: Run the molds under water to help remove your popsicles.
Salty, sweet and creamy — it doesn’t get better than that!
Is four NOT one serving size? It is now :)
We love how the chips give this popsicle a little bit of that salty flavor we crave.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)