9 Ways to Hack Nate Berkus’ New Decor Line for Target
You’ve gotten the Anthro hack for an IKEA price and made your IKEA pieces look like a million bucks, but let’s not forget about our other fave home store: Target. Between their collection of gender-neutral kids’ decor and their collaborations with some of our favorite bloggers (we’re looking at you, Oh Joy!), it’s easy to see why Target is one of our favorite places to shop for home decor. Taking inspiration from Nate Berkus’ totally chic new line, these nine DIY projects are just the thing to bring some springtime vibes into your space while you wait out those cold temps.
1. DIY Geometric Candle Holder: Rain or shine, more candlelight is always a good idea. Target’s gold geometric candle holders ($15) are just the thing you need to style a minimalist bookcase and the look is easy to replicate with faceted wood blocks. There’s no wrong way to color your decor: Paint them gold or dip them in neon paint and rock the springtime pastels. (via Homey Oh My!)
2. DIY Copper Side Table: Liven up your living room with a good dose of metallics. Target’s gold accent table ($90) is perfect for adding a fun statement to the room, and this DIY version is ideal for getting the glam look without taking up a lot of space. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Gold Leaf Mirrors: If you’re still coping with that blizzard life, a few mirrors might be just the thing to fake extra light in your space. Target’s asymmetrical gold mirrors ($50) are perfect for a small room, but the look is totally hackable with a few round mirrors and gold paint. (via For the Makers)
4. DIY Tassel Ottoman: Perfect for the small space living situation, Target’s fringe stool ($65) is just the thing to pull out when you’re entertaining. DIY your own fringe seat by adding tassels to a stool or ottoman you already have. (via Design Sponge)
5. DIY Marble Utensil Holder: Even though Target’s ceramic marble canister ($10) isn’t expensive, it’s still nice to be able to update all your old storage containers at minimal cost. All you need are a few sheets of realistic looking marble contact paper and you can turn your whole pantry into marble heaven. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. DIY No Sew Rope Bowls: Whether you’re in the market for a colorful new fruit bowl or looking for a unique way to store your craft projects Target’s palm leaf bowl ($10) definitely has the texture aspect nailed. Use the DIY version of the rope bowls to add a serious dose of color — which is exactly what our sunshine-starved souls are craving. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Gold Animal Ring Dish: Bring some charm onto your vanity of desk space with a gilded animal friend. Hack Target’s tiered bird stand ($35) with a few bowls and animals from the dollar store and a can of gold spray paint. (via Pink Heels Pink Truck)
8. DIY Pom Pom Baskets: Raise your hand if you could use some more storage. Yeah, us too. Target’s woven fringe baskets ($35) are nice and spacious, but it’s super easy to hack the look by adding your own combo of pom poms to oversized baskets. (via Toovia)
9. DIY Painted Table Runners: Get a head start on that warm weather entertaining and make a colorful copy of Target’s fringed table runner ($25). This color-happy print is perfect for adding a touch of cheer to any room in your apartment even if it’s still freezing outside. (via Brit + Co)
Which is your favorite DIY Target project? Show us how you’re styling your hack by tagging us #iamacreative on Instagram!