Oh Joy!’s New Target Home Collection Is *Everything*
For those of you with a serious maker crush on the brilliant blogger/designer (and ultimate girl boss) Joy Cho, this may just be your week. After teasing us with her Oh Joy! Target nursery collab back in January, she’s finally released her killer Spring 2016 home collection at Target. The line boasts vibrant and, of course, colorful pieces filled with Oh Joy!’s signature upbeat charm. They’ll have you ready to break the bank — but luckily you won’t have to. So whether you’re settling in to your first apartment or looking to add a bit more cheer to your design-hungry space, check out Oh Joy!’s collection, available both in stores and online. Be sure to purchase items fast, because things are already starting to sell out!
1. Hey Hey Hey Framed Wall Art ($18): Fat Albert may have coined the phrase, but Oh Joy! certainly found a way to make it even cooler! Whether you’ve got nursery decor on the brain or simply want to give your guests those welcoming vibes, this color-happy print is perfect for adding a touch of cheer to any room in your apartment — did we mention it comes with a gold frame?
2. Small Bites Appetizer Plate Set ($25): Gear up for a summer of hosting lots of brunches and parties (and maybe even shopping for a wedding registry or two) with these mismatched plates. They’ll be great for entertaining all season long, especially on Easter.
3. “OK” Vase Set ($20): Set the tone of your season with this gilded “OK” vase set. It’ll add a fun twist to your spring centerpiece by creating a statement that’s more than just pretty flowers.
4. Heart Ottoman ($60): Perfect for the beauty-obsessed gal, this pink and gold heart ottoman would add a lovely pretty-in-pink vibe to any vanity station.
5. Dotty Acrylic Table ($80): It’s time to liven up your living room with a quirky dash of color. This dotted acrylic table is great for adding a fun statement to a room without stealing the spotlight from your main pieces.
6. “Be Bright” Acrylic Tray ($30): Whether you’re in the market for a portable cocktail station or looking for something to serve up a romantic Valentine’s day breakfast, this playful pink tray will add a burst of color to whatever you’re dishing.
7. Heart LED Neon Light ($50): V-Day is coming, which means it’s time to show the L-O-V-E. Add a romantic pop of color to your wall space with this fun and flirty neon light, and who knows? You may just want to leave it up all year long.
8. Party Hedgehog Figurine ($15): Bring some charm into your office space with a gilded animal friend. This golden hedgehog is always down to party (*ahem!* check the hat).
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)