16 Ways to Incorporate Tassels into Your Wedding Decor
Of all the 2016 wedding trends, tassels could be the most versatile one yet. These whimsical and fringe-tastic decorations can spruce up virtually any wedding decor, whether you’re going with a bright and bold modern wedding or an elegant rustic style. For a more modern look, opt for shiny metallic tassels that will add a stylish, sparkly flair. For a rustic theme, stick to distressed cloth tassels that will give off a vintage vibe. If you’re ready to tackle this universally flattering wedding trend, do so with these 16 tassel wedding ideas.
1. Drinks Table: If the drinks table is looking a little bare, brighten it up by draping a tassel garland across the front. With this easy and colorful decor hack, you can cross off at least one item from your wedding to-do list. (via Christa Taylor Photography / Burnetts Boards)
2. Drink Stirrers: Raising a glass of Champagne to toast the couple isn’t quite the same without a decorative drink stirrer to spruce things up. Though little, this detail might just bring that fun factor you need in your wedding festivities. (via Ruth Eileen Photography / Style Me Pretty)
3. Bottle Drinks: An easy way to package guests’ drinks with their straws is with tassel ties. Simply combine the two using a piece of string garnished with a tissue paper tassel. (via Big Bright Bold / Best Friends for Frosting)
4. Photo Booth: Those fluttery pieces of paper also work great as a photo booth backdrop. If you’re working with an outdoor setup, drape garlands over one another for an effortlessly chic background. If you’re indoors, consider hanging them from the ceiling from top-to-bottom for a dramatically different look. (via Melissa Fuller Photography / Style Me Pretty)
5. Wedding Shoes: It’s up to you whether you want to save this ultra chic DIY sandal embellishment for yourself or share it with your bridesmaids. But one thing’s for sure: You’ll be nothing short of fabulous when you rock these tasseled-up shoes on your wedding day. (via Honestly WTF)
6. Boutonniere: Guys can totally pull off the tassel look too. Just check out this spiffy boutonniere made of a gold paper clip and paper tissue tassels. They’re super easy to DIY and will make charming accessories for your groomsmen. #DoubleWin (via The House That Lars Built / Brooklyn Bride)
7. Ceremony Aisle: To decorate the wedding aisle, hang tassels off of every few aisle seats. If you’re digging this edgy + feminine look, combine your tassels with geometric planters and plenty of flowers for a similar vibe. (via U Me Us Studios / Wedding Chicks)
8. Ceremony Chairs: Here’s an alternative way to decorate your ceremony chairs which doesn’t call for quite as many things. Hang at least one garland across the backs of adjacent chairs for an easy aisle decor hack. (via Jenna Bechtholt Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
9. Bouquet: Now that you’ve got tassels everywhere at your wedding, don’t stop short of your flowers! These cascading fringes are giving off some seriously dreamy bohemian vibes. You could go with string tassels or paper, depending on the the textures you’re looking for. (via Carlie Statsky Photography / Hey Wedding Lady)
10. Parcel Place Cards ($80, set of 20): Make those place cards a little more playful with an eye-catching display of colorful fringe. If you want to DIY your own, get a similar modern appeal by embellishing your tassels with a gold accent.
11. Seating Chart: This innovative seating chart made of tassels may look more like an art installation, but you can’t really complain when it turns out looking this pretty. To double as personalized place cards, loosely tie them to the connecting string so guests can hold onto them as they find their seats. (via Anneli Marinovich Photography / Ruffled)
12. Napkin: Next on the list of must-have fringy details are tasseled napkins. You can liven up your table decor with this textured element and make a stylish tablescape without going over the top. (via Danielle Capito / Ecru Stationery & Design)
13. Ice Cream Stand: If you’re planning on having a variety of booths at your wedding venue, consider decorating your stands with a cohesive theme: tassel garlands. Though simple, the feathery decoration will turn an ordinary table into a festive display fit for a chic wedding. (via Ten22 Studio / Bridal Guide)
14. Hanging Garlands: String ’em high and string ’em aplenty. Drape those tassel garlands across the ceiling of your venue for a beautiful accent you can appreciate alone or paired with string lights. (via Rachel Red Photography / The Budget Savvy Bride)
15. Floral Arbor: Don’t forget to bring the pretty decorations with you on your way to the altar. Incorporate the tassels into a floral arbor for a gorgeous and one-of-a-kind installation. Once you assemble this stunning construct, your altar photos won’t be anything less than *magical.* (via Jessica Withey Photography / Ruffled)
16. Wedding Favors: Thank your guests at the end of the night with these chic and practical tassel keychains. Whether you DIY or buy them in bulk, the result will make stylish gifts your guests are sure to appreciate. (via PJ & Poppy / Martha Stewart Weddings)
How will you incorporate tassels into your wedding? Follow us on Pinterest for more gorgeous wedding ideas!