8 Temporary Hair Colors to Revive Your Strands for Spring
Who doesn’t want a fun pop of color in their hair, especially this time of year? The scary part is the commitment. That’s where temporary color comes in. From spray-on statement hues to treatments that will turn your hair rose gold, there are countless ways to liven up your locks. Take these eye-catching shades for a test drive with eight temporary hair colors.
1. Overtone Rose Gold for Brown Hair Complete System ($45): Brunettes can now rock trendy rose gold hair with this one-stop-shop kit. It comes with a deep treatment to color hair or renew faded color, and a daily conditioner to maintain the shade.
2. L’Oreal Paris Colorista Semi-Permanent Hair Color ($8): This spray-on tone might be one of the easiest way to switch up your look. Springy shades like lavender, light blue, and pink will fade away between four and eight shampoos, so you can change your hair color as often as you’d like (even if you have dark hair!).
3. Forever 21 Brite Organix Neon Aqua Hair Dye ($12): Not only does this temporary color last up to 30 washes, but it glows under UV light. Get ready to rock aqua or hot pink neon the next time you have a night on the town.
4. JOICO Color Intensity Color Butter ($20): Use this hair butter to amp up an existing dye job or, if you have lighter strands, smooth it on to add color to your mane. It comes in six bold colors so you can even rock rainbow hair if you choose.
5. Kristin Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint ($12): This buildable, rosy tint is as versatile as it is on-trend. If you spray it on wet hair, you’ll achieve a softer, more muted color, but if it’s used on damp, towel-dried hair, the payoff will be more vibrant.
6. Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Tint ($16): Available in 14 different pigments, including unexpected shades like green, yellow, and periwinkle, this nourishing dye adds a light tint to bleached locks. You can get creative by mixing and matching different colors too.
7. Splat Hair Chalk ($6): If you want to amp up your color for just one day (music festival, anyone?), hair chalk is your answer. With a range of hues, this easy-to-apply product works on any hair type.
8. Keracolor Color Fling ($18): Take a walk on the wild side — at least temporarily — with this pigmented hair cream. This high-impact color works with all hair colors, so everyone can sport the pastel trend.
Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.