Last month, we got to chat with celebrity wedding and party planner Andrea Freeman about what a day in the life of a celebrity wedding planner is *really* like. Today, we’re getting her take on the best wedding trends of 2016. If you’re a Pinterest addict with an obsession for all things wedding, keep your eyes peeled and your clicker ready, because here are the top wedding trends of 2016 that will have you ready to plan and pin *all* the things.
1. High-Fashion Gowns: In regards to style, high fashion is making its presence known as couples walk down the aisle. Gowns with thigh-high slits on loose skirts paired with crop tops are big, as are illusion and 3D lace. As for suits, velvet lapels and structured suits are in. (Photo via Kane Skennar / Wedding Inspirasi)
2. Lush + Organic Florals: From the most elegant urban spaces to country tent weddings, the free-form, lush organic floral decor is very big. I’m seeing a lot of this in a very classy way — not like the DIY arrangements from a few years ago, but instead, expertly created arrangements that show off the beauty of nature.
3. Mixed Metallics: For couples who believe more is more, enter mixed metallic decor. Gone are the days where you have to choose between gold, silver, rose gold or brass. This look goes with a variety of styles, and a single accent color creates a brand new look. I’m loving this! (Photo via Sarah Hannam / Burnett’s Boards)
4. Fancy + Unique Desserts: Donut walls and dessert buffets are excellent ways to offer a variety of sweets, but wedding cakes won’t ever go out of style. Last year, marbled cakes were hot. Next year, it looks like the geode cake will take center stage. And cake with crystallized sugar… what’s not to love?! (Photo via Danielle Yashar / Mod Wedding)
5. Multiple Food Stations: Food stations made the boring buffet interesting, and now that’s getting kicked up a notch. I’m working on an event right now with a festival feel: We’re featuring a roaming oyster shucker and also a buffalo mozzarella cart. Think: Build your own sundaes, but with cheese. Amazing!
6. Hanging Florals and Over-the-Top Displays: A lot of couples keep it simple with table decor and opt for a big “wow factor” area. A floral installation over the dance floor is popular, since a great deal of the night is spent there. You can also go for over-the-top escort card displays. (Photo via Tory Williams Photography / Style Me Pretty)
Looking for more wedding inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest for ideas!
(Photo via Andrea Freeman Events)