6 Honey Beauty Products That Have the Industry Buzzin’
Everyone knows the upside of using honey as a healthy sugar substitute. After all, who wouldn’t sing the praises of the multi-use kitchen staple? From tea to cocktails, a little dab of honey in your life can go a long way. But besides lending its scent to your everyday lotion or body wash, you may bee surprised to learn that honey also offers a bevy of beautifying benefits, from moisturizing skin to fighting acne-causing bacteria. Integrating the sweet stuff into your daily beauty ritual doesn’t have to involve complicated DIY beauty treatments or expensive kitchen supplies. Instead, we’ve selected our favorite beauty products on the market that make use of this miracle ingredient to bring you next-level skincare. Keep scrolling for the honey products we’re loving this season.
1. OY-L Manuka Exfoliating Mask ($60): Get your glow on with this addictive, paraben-free face mask. The unique blend of anti-inflammatory manuka honey (medical grade, from New Zealand), exfoliating blueberry and cranberry seeds and natural lavender with rose petals leaves skin oh-so soft, smooth and radiant.
2. Mario Badescu Almond & Honey Face Scrub ($15): Scrub-a-dub-dub, we got honey in the tub! This indulgent formula gently exfoliates with natural buffers (finely ground almonds and cornmeal), while honey extract softens and hydrates your skin. Even the most sensitive complexions can enjoy what we lovingly refer to as the queen bee of scrubs.
3. 100% Pure Organic Lavender Honey Facial Cleansing Foam ($29): Pamper your skin like royalty with this ultra gentle foaming cleanser. As the name would suggest, it’s totally pure — free of detergents that can strip, dehydrate or irritate— meaning even the most sensitive skin will benefit.
4. Worker B Rescue Putty ($23): This three-ingredient wonder really acts as a putty — it stays where you put it. Beeswax, raw honey and organic olive oil combine their healing powers to treat damaged skin, dry lips, burns, bites and eczema. And seriously, how cute is this packaging?
5. Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask ($56): We’ve found the fountain of youth. This warming mask is a mega-moisturizing combo of honey (a natural humectant), propolis (a healing antiseptic, found in beehives) and royal jelly (rich in amino acids). And to top it off, the ingenious magnetic spatula attaches to the top, so you’ll never lose it!
6. Purxury Honey Natural Soap ($15): Natural beauties are buzzing about this luxurious facial soap. Crafted with a trio of clover, manuka and tupelo honey, saponified oils and extracts, it gets super sudsy to cleanse and nourish even the most sensitive skin.
Looking for more sweet beauty buys? Follow us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)