The Super-Smart Microsoft Pix App Puts the iPhone Camera to Shame
After a long, hard week, we know there’s nothing more you want than to kick back, relax, catch up with friends and find out what apps took over the App Store this week. We’ve got you. So, without further ado, we present the 5 best apps you should add to your phone immediately. There’s one to get your iPhoneography game on the next level, one to turn your life into a Harry Potter book and another to help you plan a healthy dinner with what you’ve already got. It’s going to be a great weekend.
1. Microsoft Pix: Use Artificial Intelligence to make sure that your pictures are as good as they possibly can be. The app will automatically detect faces and adjust accordingly. It will also make shooting in those tricky lighting situations a breeze. Download it now — your Instagram will thank you.
2. Potterize: For those who have always envisioned themselves as a Rita Skeeter-type, writing columns for The Daily Prophet: Dreams do come true. This new app allows users to create their own front pages in the style of the Potter world newspaper, using *magic* (or what we like to call GIFs). Are your eyes swimming with the ghosts of your past yet?
3. Carrot: Come dinner time every night, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and just settle on frozen chicken nuggets (speaking from experience). Carrot makes meal-planning easy by knowing exactly what’s inside of your fridge and recommending healthy recipes based on what you already have. The recipes are simple, creative and will have you coming back for (healthy!) seconds.
4. Channels: Pretty soon we’ll all be living in a world without remote controls. Until that world exists, jump the trend by downloading Channels on your phone. The app controls your TV directly from your phone, allowing you to rewind, pause and fast-forward live shows. You can also see what’s happening on other channels directly on your phone screen without ever touching to remote for your TV set.
DL It: $14.99 on iOS
5. Fitso: Turn fitness into a game with Fitso. Once downloaded, you select a goal and the app pairs you with a coach to help you off the couch. Your coach and the Fitso community will send you challenges to win rewards and badges. Plus, the app includes videos and custom workout routines to help you learn some new moves.
What apps are you loving these days? Let us know @BritandCo!