An App to Get the Most Out of Your Drunk Shopping Excursions + More
There comes a time every year when we decide it’s finally time to get our lives in order. Whether or not those changes stick, though, is always up in the air. But this week, in the spirit of self-advancement, we’ve got five brand new apps that will make you feel like you’re getting your life on track. Whether you want to finally get your budget straight, catch up on the news or just add some funny new items to your collection of stuff, these apps will help you reach your goals. Now excuse us as we try to finally organize our bathroom — for the fourth time this year.
1. Drunk Shopping: We’ve all done it, we don’t always regret it: Drunk shopping. And now there’s an app for it. It’ll hit you up once a week at really weird hours and send you awesome stuff from around the Internet — like a Nicholas Cage shirt or soup spoon shaped like the Loch Ness Monster. It’s also around to chat whenever you get bored.
DL It: Free on iOS
2. Feedr: Get caught up quickly on what you care about with Feedr. The app trawls articles from all over the web and users hashtag each article with its topics. You can explore the hashtags to see what’s happening in the realms you care about. And, if you find an article that really resonates with you, it’s easy to share to social media from the app. This is a modern way to stay up-to-date on what’s happening.
DL It: Free on Android
3. Swiftmojij: We love emoji. Peppering texts with the little pictures has become one of our favorite activities. But for those switching back and forth between your letters and your emoji keyboard, sticking in a bottle of Champagne or thumbs up can be time-consuming. So this app predicts which emoji you’re going to use and makes them easily accessible. Now go to town with as many emoji as you please.
4. Spent: There are TONS of apps out there to help you manage your finances. Spent is different in that it gives you cash back for your purchases. It helps you split your expenses between business and personal (amazing feature!) and will give you rewards for your spending through the app’s partners. So after a while, your business lunches will start to reward you with discounted personal dinners.
5. myHome Plus: Before, we only ever had to keep track of the TV remote controls for our homes. Now, with the advent of smart homes, there are TONS of controls and apps and we’re never exactly sure which device goes with which part of our home. But this new app brings them all together and allows you to organize controls by room. If you have guests crashing at your house, you can also share access to certain rooms with them via phone. It’s one of those apps that makes you feel like you have absolutely everything under control.
DL It: Free on iOS
Which app is your favorite? Let us know @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)