This New App Already Has 1 Million Users + 4 More Apps for Fall Adventure
Just because summer travel season is over doesn’t mean that your vacation days are finished! In fact, this week, we’ve got five apps that will help you plan an amazing fall getaway. From an app that lets you chat with your squad pre-departure to another that helps you decide what to pack, these are the five adventure-worthy apps you need to make your autumn rock.
1. Houseparty: The founders of Meerkat (you know, that amaze live-streaming app?) secretly released this “FaceTime as a social network” app that’s so genius, we can’t believe no one’s thought of it before! Acting as a group chat for FaceTime no matter where you are in the world, it has already racked up nearly one million users: People are LOVING the newfound ability to conference with multiple people at once. Seriously, how has no one thought of this before?
2. Thread Genius: Fashion is visual, so stop searching for your dream vacay (or any other!) outfit with words and check out Thread Genius instead. The premise is simple enough: When you see something you like, just snap a pic and let the app use reverse image search (how Google Images works) to find you the outfit of your dreams. You’ll be packed in no time!
3. One:Night: If you’re into last-minute plans and saving money, you need to download this new app NOW. Not only will it show you great hotel rooms that you can book for super cheap, they’re all available for same-night booking. Right now it only works in NYC and LA, so if you don’t live close, this could be a great excuse for a super spontaneous trip, no?
4. Fllike: Before you book your next flight anywhere, check on Fllike to see how other travelers have rated the airline. Plus, the app will let you search individual flights by their rating, ensuring you’re never stuck on another terrible flight ever again. (And there’s an Instagram-y feature where you can share plane pics too!)
5. Journy: Sometimes you don’t have time to really plan a trip, or maybe you don’t even know where to start! Cue: Journy. The app is your personal travel concierge that will tell you all the cool things to do while you’re exploring another city. You’ll have a real human at your disposal to discuss travel plans and make sure things go smoothly. Now you just need to book that flight…
Which app are you most likely to use on your next big adventure? Let us know @BritandCo!