Piñatas go a long way in sprucing up your party decor. And because miniaturized versions of anything are adorable, mini piñatas are totally trending right now. Aside from making super cute tablescape decorations, they serve as great place cards, party favors, and even unique garlands. With so many different and creative uses, it’s a wonder you don’t use these teeny-tiny guys for every party. Scroll on to find out which of these 21 mini piñatas you can make or buy for your next soirée.
1. DIY Mini Unicorn Piñata: Give your party a whimsical touch with mini unicorn piñatas. Gold glitter and pastel tissue paper make this little creature absolutely magical. (via A Subtle Revelry)
2. DIY Mini Watermelon Piñatas: Channel the summer with these fabulously fringed-out watermelons. They pack quite the visual punch with their neon bright hues. (via Shoes Off Please)
3. DIY Cupcakes: You may argue that cupcakes are the one essential your party can’t do without. But now that there’s such a thing as mini cupcake piñatas, they might just take the cake! Brighten up your party decor with these cute and colorful cupcakes you can fill with confetti. (via Sprinkled With Glitter / We R Memory Keepers)
4. DIY Mini Watermelon Slices: Here’s another take on watermelon piñatas that’s just as sweet. Mix these and the previous triangle-slices for more variety. (via Julep)
5. Urban Outfitters Mini Donkey Piñata ($12): Give the classic donkey piñata a bohemian twist with eclectic colors and pops of metallic shades. They’re an ideal choice for packing your guests’ party favors or even decorating your home long after the party ends.
6. DIY Mini Heart Breaker Piñata: Great for bridal showers or Galentine’s Day, these tiny hearts are must-haves to tie your whole party together. Scatter red, pink, and white confetti cutouts to complete your charming aesthetic. (via A Joyful Riot)
7. DIY Mini Fruit Faux Piñata: Faux fruits may be a faux pas when it comes to decor, but these fake fruit piñatas are anything but a mistake. Fun alone or strung onto a garland, these mini fruits are the ones to make. (via Persia Lou)
8. DIY Mini Chili Piñatas: Heat things up with these mini chili piñatas. These spicy-looking treats should make an appearance at your next Cinco de Mayo party or Taco Tuesday get-together. (via Jo Lynne Shane)
9. LulaFlora Pineapple Piñatas ($30, set of three): Celebrate the tropics any time of year by throwing a pineapple-themed luau featuring these tiny bright yellow fruits.
10. DIY Mini Rainbow Piñata: Ideal for a unicorn-inspired soirée, a mini rainbow piñata will do wonders for amping up the magical factor. For filling, opt for chocolate gold coins or dozens of rainbow skittles. (via A Joyful Riot)
11. DIY Donut Piñata: If you’re all about that sprinkles life, mini donut piñatas are a must. Kick off any donut or dessert-themed party with these donuts that are a *sweet* foodie’s dream come true. (via Little Inspiration)
12. DIY Mini Cloud Piñata: This mini cloud is the answer to any get-togethers you have planned on a rainy day. Even better, pair them with rainbows! (via Little Inspiration)
13. TheEmojiTree Emoji Piñatas ($43, set of six): If you’re running short on time, opt for buying pre-made piñatas like these adorable emojis that say it all.
14. Pinatas.com Wedding Cake 4 Pack ($60): Take your special day over the top with teensy cakes full of candy!
15. Modern Confetti Ice Cream Piñata ($31): Nothing’s more refreshing than an ice pop on a hot day — unless it’s a popsicle piñata filled with hot-weather necessities! (Tiny sunscreen samples, anyone?)
16. Lula Flora Champagne Piñata ($15): Popping bottles to celebrate a bachelorette? These mini piñatas are ready to party too.
17. Witty Bash Stork Piñata ($12): Baby showers: Diaper cakes, games, and of course, lots of storks. A few of these cute birds and you’ll have a sweet flock for your favorite mom-to-be.
18. With Glitter N Confetti Coffee Mug Piñata ($30): Take brunch up a notch with this fun piñata. We’re thinking mini jam jars inside would be just right.
19. Lula Flora Lime Wedge Piñata ($9): Limes are essential for beer, margaritas, tacos, and the perfect G&T… and now party decor.
20. Birthday Mini Piñatas: Happy birthday to you! These teeny tiny boxes of fun can be made in any color to match your theme. (via The Happy Scraps)
21. Witty Bash Diamond Ring Piñata ($12): Your best pal is making it official? You know what Bey says: If you like it, you should put a ring on it. (“It” being your party table.)
Which of these fun mini piñatas will you feature at your party? Follow us on Pinterest for more party ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.