Time For a Refresh! 12 Fun, Functional, and Anything-But-Boring Clocks
Sometimes, creative living is as simple as choosing fun, colorful, and functional home accessories. Remeber: just because it’s functional doesn’t mean it can’t look great! Here,12 suggestions for fun and functional clocks that'll add some color and style to your home.
1. CB2 Cuckoo Clock ($100):
The cuckoo clock has gone modern! This clock is perfect for perching on a shelf and features a darling bird who announces each hour with a chirp.
3. Record Album Clock ($16): This mini-record clock made to resemble a classic 45 is perfect for a small space, like above your desk or on a small kitchen wall.
4. Customizable Record Album Clock ($60): A perfect gift for a music-lover, or just a way to show off your favorite vintage vinyl, purchase this customizable clock and you’ll receive a sleeve to mail your chosen record straight to the artist. After three to four weeks, you’ll receive your personalized clock.
5. Kit-Cat Wall Clock ($50): A complete classic, this wall clock adds style to any room with its swinging tail and moving eyes.
6. Infinity Wall Clock ($35): This clock represents just 1/4 of a traditional clock, so here’s your chance to add a DIY twist: hang it on the wall and paint, draw, or just tack up the rest of the numbers in a circle, creating the full clock.
7. Gel Window Clock ($30): This one’s marketed to kids, but we love it for its colorful numbers and playful aesthetic. Numbers and the clock’s hands stick to any clean, dry, smooth, temperate surface, so get creative. Bonus: it’s easy to move around any time a different wall needs a pop of color.
8. Ultra-Flat Multicolor Wall Clock ($45): This sleek wall clock features 12 different bright colors — one for each hour.
9. Walter Wayle II Wall Clock ($78): This recent reintroduction is made from two wing-like hands that turn to display the time. It’s a clock, so it’s functional, and it’s designed by the renowned Phillippe Starck, so its design is clearly classic.
10. Asterisk Clock ($300): The Asterisk Clock is just over a foot in diameter and features an exaggerated minute hand for fast, easy, and efficient time-telling. It’s made from metal with quartz clockwork.
11. Fan Wall Clock ($69): I can’t stop thinking of how perfect this would look hanging in a kitchen — maybe because the colors remind me of a cheeseburger (mmm… cheeseburgers)? The clock is made from six metal plates with bright white hands and also features the all-important second hand.
12. Qloktwo ($1,100): A splurge for sure, but we’ve never seen anything like it! The Qloktwo displays the time as a series of words. Think: “half past twelve,” or, “ten to eight.” Mounted on a wall in any of its bright colors, it’s clearly a conversation piece — and a useful one at that. For a slightly lesser splurge, check out the Qloktwo Touch, an alarm clock-sized model for $599.
Which is your favorite?
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)