10 Ways to Coordinate Outfits With Your BFF
In the past few weeks, we’ve refined how we pair our fave tights and dresses and pants and shoes, but what about when you want to coordinate your ensemble with the most important person in our life: your BFF? For us, nothing screams love quite like twinning outfits with your better half, and in Hollywood, no one does it better than the funniest duo in Tinseltown, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. This week, the stylish comediennes bring their famous friendship to the big screen with Sisters. Whether you’re hosting a white elephant party or playing plus one at your girl’s holiday office party, we curated some of Tina and Amy’s best coordinating looks — from hair + makeup to fabulous frocks — so you can take your #stylesquadgoals to the next level.
1. Matching embellishments: For a subtle (but sparkly!) way to complement each other’s dresses, go for touch of glitz in the form of gem-toned adornments placed in matchy-matchy places, like on the sides of a dress to accentuate your curves and around the collar (no need for a necklace). (Photo via Paul Drinkwater/Getty)
2. Identical lips: Celebrate you and your bestie’s beauty with matching lip colors. There are *so* many different lip colors out there, so if you swipe on identical shades, everyone will notice — in a good way. It’s especially cute for photos. (Photo via @ruvenafanador)
3. Slick cutouts: When you don’t want to look exactly the same head to toe, coordinate outfits that feature interestingly placed cutouts to tie your looks together + feature the parts of *your* bod that feel most bangin’. (Photo via @glamourmag)
4. Similar Hemlines: Ready to hit the ground running with your soul sister? Wear skirts of the same length so you’ll be swishing in sync. Strut in minis, TCB in midis and look glam AF in maxis. (Photo via Paul Drinkwater/Getty)
5. Polished Hair: All eyes will be on you and your bestie if you both show up with sleek updos. Mix things up with some swoopy side bangs and a deep side part. The two of you will be the toast of the town when you step out together. (Photo via Paul Drinkwater/Getty)
6. Matchy-Matchy Patterns: For a casual night out, sport similar patterns. You don’t have to be totally identical here, but match-y stripes, for example, paired with different jackets + bottoms makes for a perfect friend-date outfit. (Photo via Scott Gries/Getty)
7. Show off your shoulders: While a chic slit is always a showstopper, switch things up and draw attention to your shoulders. It’s a classic way to show off some skin without feeling too bare, especially if one of you wants to go the asymmetrical neckline route. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
8. Twinning Curls: Nothing says you’re both on the same ~wavelength~ quite like coordinating your curls. It makes sense for this to happen too, since you’re most def primping together. Duh. (Photo via Kevork Djansezian/Getty)
9. Black on black: Look like you mean business with your bestie in all black everything. It’s an instant way to look coordinated without having to put in a ton of effort. Just whip on those LBDs, accent with monotone accessories and finish things off with sultry smokey eyes. (Photo via Michael Buckner/Getty)
10. Contrasting Looks: Sometimes, opposites do attract, especially when it comes to you and your PIC. Pair an ultra-fem frock with a polished tuxedo-inspired getup for an unexpectedly gorgeous statement together. (Photo via Photo by Paul Drinkwater/Getty)
Have any #squadgoal snaps you’d like to share? Tag us in ’em on Instagram!