Under-the-Radar Fashion Brands You Need to Shop Now
Welcome to Top Shelf! Check this space each week, where we’ll be showing you how to add elevated labels to your lineup without totally going into the red.
Work hard, play hard — life’s all about balance right? And the same principle applies to your closet. You have your go-to mall brands, but for every trendy Zara, ASOS or Forever21 piece, there should be one high-end item that’ll stand the test of time. This week we’re bringing 12 chic pieces from some of the best under-the-radar fashion lines in the industry. Sure, they may not be household names just yet, but trust us that they’re on their way to total fashion domination. Don’t believe us? Just peruse through the feeds of some of your fave celebs (think: Beyoncé, Rihanna, Gigi Hadid, Selena Gomez and Shay Mitchell). Scroll on for Tinsel Town-approved accessories and separates you might want to invest in now.
1. J.W. Anderson Gold Multi-Sphere Drop Earrings ($450): Look familiar? They should. J.W. Anderson’s accessories are a fave of A-listers and style influencers everywhere. Just check your Insta feed for proof. The designer’s signature “Pierce” bag is EVERYWHERE, and his baubles are frequently copied by high street brands like Zara and Mango.
3. Atea Oceanie Cold Shoulder Boyfriend Shirt ($360): For clean, sophisticated separates, Emily Ratajkowski, Jennifer Lopez and Selena Gomez look to Atea Oceania. The brand’s signature slip dress has been making waves with stars, but the rest of their offerings — like this striped stunner — are equally as enviable.
4. The Great House Coat ($495): After leaving their eponymous brand Current/Elliott, Emily Current and Meritt Elliott created The Great, a one-stop shop for reimagined classics — jeans, t-shirts and relaxed button-downs. This is where starlets such as Jessica Alba scoop up their everyday essentials. And we can’t say we blame them. We’re swooning hard for this cozy house coat that would make a mean addition to any airport-bound ensemble.
5. Stella McCartney High-Waisted Denim Culottes ($322): If it’s good enough for Beyoncé, rest assured, it’s good enough for us. Be it a sexy swimsuit, pair of sculptural steppers or a wardrobe classic such as these Insta-worthy denim culottes, Stella McCartney’s collections nail it every. Single. Time.
6. Réalisation Par The 1996 in Zodiac ($250): ICYMI: Aussie brands are having a major moment right now — Réalisation Par in particular. Alexa Chung, Jeanne Damas, Lorde and Bella Hadid have all been spotted wearing the labels flirtatious frocks and silky wrap tops. The best part? The pieces won’t totally break the bank, so go ahead — treat yo’self to a few pieces.
8. Sonix Melrose ($98): We don’t mean to name drop, but Shay Mitchell, Lucy Hale, Jaime King, Emma Roberts and Bella Hadid are just a few of the stars spotted rocking shades from It-girl brand Sonix. Beyond boasting the Hollywood stamp of approval, these stunners come in under $100. Not bad, right?
9. Rodarte Antique Silver Fuchsia Earrings ($345): Rodarte’s whimsical duds are a fixture on the red carpet and in the streets. See: celebs like Katy Perry, Ruth Negga and Kristen Stewart, who step out in ruffle-trimmed two-piece sets, glitter-flecked frocks and one-of-a-kind jewelry like these botanical beauties.
10. Galvan London Sash Neck Tunic ($550): Based in the UK, Galvan is all about understated elegance that packs a punch. Stars such as Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Sienna Miller and Lily James swear by their easy silhouettes, fuss-free glamour and fine fabrication. While their red carpet-ready gowns will cost you a pretty penny (but, girl, they’re so worth it), the label’s separates are half the price and just as stunning.
11. Are You Am I Cierra Wrap Top ($401): Started in 2014 by Fashion Toast’s Rumi Neely, Are You Am I has fast become a go-to for the likes of Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid. The label’s black velvet chokers, off-the-shoulder blouses and sassy wraps embody a laid-back Cali vibe, which feels right on cue for these two West Coast Instababes.
12. Lisa Marie Fernandez Triple Poppy Mexican Striped Maillot ($455): Ah-mazing swimwear is essential when you’re a jet-setting celeb, and Lisa Marie Fernandez’s playful retro designs, like the popular triple poppy maillot, certainly fit the bill. The proof? Fernandez’s suits frequently make Selena Gomez’s vacay packing list.