See Ya, Flamingo! 15 Ways to Embrace the Toucan Trend
Last year flamingos were the It-bird, but this summer it’s all about the toucan and that big graphic beak. Since tropical-inspired trends are totally hot RN, we are more than ready to embrace this black-and-white-and-fab bird. From pillows to trays to pool floats, the toucan fad is a one-of-a-kind, statement-making addition to any space. See these 15 toucan-inspired picks below for more inspiration and ideas on how to bring this trendy bird motif home.
1. SunnyLIFE Toucan Pool Float ($70): First and most importantly on your list for home must-haves is the ever-trendy pool float. The pink flamingo reigned supreme last summer, but this year you’ll be the coolest kid in the pool with this giant bird in tow.
2. Land of Nod Jungle Toucan Wall Art ($20): A toucan print definitely adds a touch of whimsy to a glamorous nursery or playroom. Or, if you’re sans-kids and looking for a fun new print to brighten up your gallery wall, this fab find is just the thing.
tou-can be a morning person!
4. Sensi Studio Hand-Painted Toucan Maxi Tote ($360): Yes, that price tag is hefty, but we’re betting it would be really easy to dress up any tote with a little DIY paint job. Pick up a cheap tote bag and get artsy with it with a toucan makeover.
5. Skinnydip Toucan Pencil Case ($23): Quirky toucans aren’t just for the pool or that tropical-themed party. They bring a big dose of personality to your new summer style via this turquoise pencil case.
6. H&M Cushion Cover ($7): A small toucan throw pillow provides the perfect accent to a tropical-inspired palette. If the S.O. balked at the pink flamingo trend, maybe they won’t have a problem with this fun and oh-so-bright pillow.
7. Paperchase Toucan Luggage Tag ($12): Whether your summer plans include a tropical vacay or just a trip to the spa, you need this little luggage tag to perk up your baggage. You’ll never mistake someone else’s bag for your own again.
8. Modcloth As Soon As Tropical Notecard ($15): Send out invites to your next pool party on these cool notecards. This trend isn’t limited to just toucan motifs — it’s also the base for more modern prints and sophisticated color palettes. Play up the orange, green + pink tones in your decor, and you won’t go wrong.
9. One Kings Lane Studio Cockatoo, Toucan ($85): Bold and bright toucans will make the perfect statement on any gallery wall. Rock this rad print in your dining room or above the bed for a pop of color.
10. Ollie & Nic Toucan Key Charm ($15): You have to carry your keys everywhere you go, so they ought to look good. A minimalistic toucan keychain is just the thing to keep you from misplacing them.
11. Paperchase Toucan Ticket Holder ($10): Whether you’re going somewhere exotic this summer or are just trying to keep track of your bus pass, this chic toucan wallet is a must. Traveling can be stressful, but you’ll feel happy every time you pull out this cheery case.
12. Amara Toucan Beach Towel ($73): What’s blue and bold and printed with toucans all over? All signs point to this preppy beach blanket covered in cool birds.
13. Kangarui by Rui Stalph “Chilling Toucan” Pillow ($27): Delicate pastels tie in perfectly with this light and bright graphic throw pillow. If you’re still unsure about the bold bird, try adding pops of pastels for a subtle way to bring the toucan look home.
14. H&M Patterned Duvet Set ($30): This toucan duvet set feels both modern and fresh. The texture of the bamboo and brightly colored beaks adds an unexpected statement piece to any bedroom.
15. H&M Patterned Tray ($18): Plain old serving trays are so passé. If you’re not using a toucan tray to serve those piña coladas at your next pool party, you’re not doing it right.