9 Online Eyewear Alternatives to Warby Parker
If you don’t live under a rock, chances are that you’ve seen a pair of Warby Parkers around a time or two. Whether you’re the kinda gal who wants to stay on trend from head to toe but can’t quite justify the Warby Parker cost level, or you’re looking for the ease and variety that Warby has to offer, while still maintaining your original style, alternatives to the pricey glasses brand are essential. We’ve scoured the web for the best and most stylish eyewear options we could find. Scroll on to score a new pair of specs.
2. Burberry Optical Frames ($265+): If you’re looking to go glam, the tortoise shell and gold combo that many of Burberry’s frames sport is about as good as it gets. Toss these pretty things on with anything from a plain tee and jeans to a dress and heels for a little stylish sophistication.
3. Zenni Optical ($7+): Inspired by the notion that everyone should get to look awesome while wearing glasses that are actually affordable, two San Francisco-based scientists founded Zenni in 2003. They offer a huge range of eye accessories, from crazy affordable glasses to what they’ve dubbed Progressive Glasses: line-less bifocals that let you see mega clearly at any distance.
4. J. Crew Super Ciccio Eyeglasses ($169): A little color never hurt anyone, and these gorgeous J. Crew frames are living proof. If you’re looking to get a pair of colorful frames in addition to your more basic, day-to-day ones, or you’re looking to replace your current pair and are feeling particularly flashy, these red beauties will do the trick.
5. EyeBuyDirect ($6+): These guys believe that imperfect vision is one of the world’s most widespread medical issues — and also one of the most solvable. They offer stylish frames, which you can get in a complete glasses set, for just six dollars! They’re all about high quality, low price and convenience, which is why they ship right to you! All you need is your Rx.
6. Frames Direct Ray-Ban Clubmaster Eyeglasses ($145): Ray Bans aren’t just for sunnies anymore, ladies and gents. The best part about this particular pair is that they’re ultra unisex, so if you and your boo are that cute couple that shares everything, you can continue the communal vibe with your eyewear too.
7. Ace and Tate ($109+): If you’re the kind of person who tries on a thousand outfits before you head out the door, or you suddenly feel the need to change your outfit in the middle of the day for no apparent reason, these guys are for you. They pride themselves on knowing how important it is to be able to switch up your look at the drop of a hat, and that’s what they’ve built their business around.
8. Valley Eyewear Wolfgang Optical ($200): These frames rock one of the raddest colors in eyewear we’ve ever seen. This peachy-ivory hue is too good to pass up. If you’re really leaning towards a unique style for your next set of specs, these killer frames are what you need.
9. Cubitts ($180+): Great style at modest prices, sans fuss: That’s what this British company is all about. Every single pair of their glasses comes with anti-scratch and anti-glare coatings included in the price — all you gotta do is pick the frames. Considering Cubitts’ massive selection, that might just be easier said than done.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)