Trend of the Week: The Shirt Dress
Whether you like a jersey-knit frock or an extra long oxford, the shirt dress is a staple piece in any gal’s closet, and perfect for transitioning from summer to fall. Here are 12 looks we love, from Urban Outfitters, Asos, Need Supply and more.
1. Rae Linen Shirt Dress ($94): Designed in Portland, this linen number by Bridge & Burn is simple, understated, and chic. Throw on a pair of tights for those chilly nights and you’re set for fall.
2. BDG Chambray Shirt Dress ($69): Available in light or dark denim, this versatile number has pockets all over the place!
3. Graphic Begonia Shirt Dress ($198): What’s comfy and blue with begonias all over? We love this graphic frock, especially when paired with opaque tights and booties. The fitting at the back gives this dress a slim silhouette
4. Cotton Shirt Dress ($108): We’ll call this a modern take on turning an oversized men’s shirt into a dress. This features fine pinstripes and a beautifully curved dipped hemline in the back.
5. Crochet Trim ($131): For a little combo action, this denim dress is gorgeous. It has a vintage DIY feel with the patch pockets, crochet overlay, and raw edge hemline.
6. Holstee Shirt Dress ($55): First thing to know? The pocket on this dress fits the entire dress! Talk about packing light. Throw this in your purse at all times for a last-minute outfit change. Plus, every dress is made from all-natural fibers in LA. Socially responsible and convenient? We’ll take it.
7. Kai-Aakmann Shirt Dress ($80): This super soft fabric tee shirt dress features a sheer chiffon paneled back, cuffed sleeves, and a relaxed fit.
8. Astoria Shirt Dress ($68): Definitely on the avant garde side of the shirt dress coin, this beautiful piece has clean modern lines and could easily be winterized with a few key layers.
9. Thom Dolan Oxford ($350): Perfect for cozying up in a cabin in the woods, this vintage-style dress features all-over flannel plaid, button front closures all the way down, and collar points that snap!
10. Striping Away T-Shirt Dress ($44): Stripes! You can never go wrong with a striped t-shirt dress – get this and save it for a rainy day.
11. Boyfriend Belted Shirt Dress ($29): Love this sizzling take on the shirt dress – we just might have to DIY it up at Brit HQ.
12. Leo Print Shirt Dress ($230): Roar! Getting in touch with your inner fierce feline? Don this fiery number.
What are the staple pieces in your closet? Any shirt dresses you’ve seen online that should be included in our list? Talk to us in the comments below or come say hi on Twitter.